PDA

View Full Version : New member from the old world - Germany

Patoli
12-07-2022, 05:38 AM
Dear members, just wanted to say hello from overseas. I am located in Germany. Glad to found this forum and I hope that I can find some hints, help, support and advice.
If anyone has some questions about the German gun-laws, rules & regulations or other related stuff, dont hesitate to ask. Kind regards P.

thebeav
12-07-2022, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the forum from Western New York !

ragsflh
12-07-2022, 09:41 AM
welcome

drybean
12-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Welcome aboard

Dave Hoback
12-07-2022, 04:59 PM
Willkommen mein freund! Schön, dich hier zu haben.

bootsmcguire
12-07-2022, 08:38 PM
Hello and Welcome.

J.Baker
12-07-2022, 09:06 PM
Welcome! Oddly enough I was doing a little research on some old German SxS shotguns earlier today. Have yet to find a good resource for firearms made by smaller "old world" individuals or companies.

Patoli
12-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Willkommen mein freund! Schön, dich hier zu haben. Hallo, sprichst Du so gut Deutsch oder war das "deepl" ;-) Liebe Grüße P.

Patoli
12-10-2022, 12:55 PM
Welcome! Oddly enough I was doing a little research on some old German SxS shotguns earlier today. Have yet to find a good resource for firearms made by smaller "old world" individuals or companies.
Hi, let me know if I can something for you. If you are looking for something special let me know. I can search in German over here.

J.Baker
12-12-2022, 11:38 AM
Hi, let me know if I can something for you. If you are looking for something special let me know. I can search in German over here.

Nothing in particular. Had just seen something listed on Guns International that I had never seen before and was curious about it. It's listed as "Gebruder Merkel, Suhl - Germany" Model 301E manufactured in 1926 and I wondered if that was the same Merkel company we know today or a totally different maker. Figured if the Italians can have a handful of different Rizzini's building shotguns it's possible there was more than one German maker with the Merkel name.

Too pricey for my blood, but nice to look at!

Dave Hoback
12-13-2022, 11:30 PM
Entschuldigung für die Verspätung. Ich weiß sehr wenig, aber ich mache meine eigene Übersetzung. Aber ich benutze nicht "deeple". Ich wollte dich nur in deiner Sprache willkommen heißen, meine Freund.

Patoli
12-14-2022, 10:49 AM
Entschuldigung für die Verspätung. Ich weiß sehr wenig, aber ich mache meine eigene Übersetzung. Aber ich benutze nicht "deeple". Ich wollte dich nur in deiner Sprache willkommen heißen, meine Freund. Hallo, dafür liest sich Dein Deutsch sehr gut. Gratulation. Wenn ich es richtig sehe bist Du 44 Jahre alt. Wenn Du so weiter lernst kannst Du in wenigen Jahren perfekt Deutsch. Viele Grüße in die USA, P.

Patoli
12-14-2022, 11:03 AM
Hi, nowadays the name is Suhler Jagd- und Sportwaffen GmbH and they belong to Heckler & Koch. They are located still in Suhl (city in eastern Germany) where the company was founded in 1898. Heckler & Koch left them in Suhl with the production after the purchase. This way maybe for traditional reasons. If I am right the Suhl are is the are with to oldest weapon history started somewhere in the 15th century.

Patoli
12-14-2022, 11:04 AM
Nothing in particular. Had just seen something listed on Guns International that I had never seen before and was curious about it. It's listed as "Gebruder Merkel, Suhl - Germany" Model 301E manufactured in 1926 and I wondered if that was the same Merkel company we know today or a totally different maker. Figured if the Italians can have a handful of different Rizzini's building shotguns it's possible there was more than one German maker with the Merkel name.

Too pricey for my blood, but nice to look at!

Hi, nowadays the name is Suhler Jagd- und Sportwaffen GmbH and they belong to Heckler & Koch. They are located still in Suhl (city in eastern Germany) where the company was founded in 1898. Heckler & Koch left them in Suhl with the production after the purchase. This way maybe for traditional reasons. If I am right the Suhl are is the are with to oldest weapon history started somewhere in the 15th century.

Dave Hoback
12-14-2022, 11:35 AM
Hallo, dafür liest sich Dein Deutsch sehr gut. Gratulation. Wenn ich es richtig sehe bist Du 44 Jahre alt. Wenn Du so weiter lernst kannst Du in wenigen Jahren perfekt Deutsch. Viele Grüße in die USA, P.

Thanks.. it’s just for fun. I wouldn’t be able to have a very good conversation with you. Yes, I’m 44 and I do live in the US. Are you still in Germany, or did you move here to the United States?

Patoli
12-14-2022, 01:22 PM
Thanks.. it’s just for fun. I wouldn’t be able to have a very good conversation with you. Yes, I’m 44 and I do live in the US. Are you still in Germany, or did you move here to the United States? Yes, I still live here in Germany. If I could, I would move to the US. Not that easy. I really love the USA, at least the USA I remember when I was there some 25 years ago.

Dave Hoback
12-14-2022, 04:53 PM
Yes, I still live here in Germany. If I could, I would move to the US. Not that easy. I really love the USA, at least the USA I remember when I was there some 25 years ago.

HA! It is right now.. Just fly to Mexico & WALK on in and set up shop! LOL!

No, seriously, I understand what it takes for a big move; and I’m just talking about going from one side of the country to the other, not to a NEW country!

Patoli
12-14-2022, 05:18 PM
HA! It is right now.. Just fly to Mexico & WALK on in and set up shop! LOL!

No, seriously, I understand what it takes for a big move; and I’m just talking about going from one side of the country to the other, not to a NEW country! I guess Texas would be my preferred state.