PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Admins!!!

J A XSP
12-06-2022, 11:51 AM
This is perfect. It'll be great to have a forum for discussions about TC carbines and similar rifles. :smile-new:

BT
12-06-2022, 12:49 PM
I second the thanks! :thumb:

Mjshell
12-06-2022, 02:23 PM
Sweet :rolleyes:

and our own SP classify s.

KYODE
12-06-2022, 05:00 PM
Awesome! Dont have the rifle version but they go hand in hand, Especially the reloading of all the above.

J A XSP
12-06-2022, 06:08 PM
Sweet :rolleyes:

and our own SP classify s.

Let's not get greedy. :p :biggrin-new:

BobT
12-07-2022, 06:50 AM
Let's not get greedy. :p :biggrin-new:

I think Mark used to use the SP classifieds for his desktop background at work !:bolt:

J.Baker
12-07-2022, 11:22 PM
YW guys.

As I noted in a post over on the SP forum, I was kind of on the fence about adding this board or just having ya'll use our Non-Savage firearms board down in another section. After a little more thinking it just made more sense to add this one and let that other continue to be for off-brand bolt actions, semi-auto's, lever-guns and the like.

And yes, a dedicated SP Classifieds section exists in our classifieds. One note I want to make sure everyone is aware of though is how we restrict our classifieds section here as I know the classifieds were free over on the other forum.

Here your access to the classifieds and what you can do in them is based on your usergroup. It breaks down as follows:

-- New Users (less than 15 posts) can browse the classifieds, but you won't be able to reply to an ad or post an ad.

-- Basic Users (15+ posts) can browse and reply to ads, but can't post an ad.

-- Paid Members (Bronze, Silver & Gold) can browse, reply to and post ads.

The reason for this restriction on placing ads was a necessity to weed out some persistent scammers several years back who were placing ads, taking peoples money and then never sending the purchased item to the buyer. Scammers generally aren't willing to pony up their own money to get access, and it proved to be effective in keeping the trash out of our classifieds. This restriction also ensures you are dealing with someone who's a regular here (in 99.9% of the cases), is vested in the site and probably isn't going to risk his future access to the site by ripping someone off.

The restriction on New Users not being able to reply to ads (or use the PM system) stemmed from similar scammers, but these would peruse the WTB board and claim they had what someone was looking for rather than posting their own ficticous ad. Most won't bother to take the time to make 15 posts to meet that threshold so it's proved to be very effective as well.

J A XSP
12-08-2022, 11:20 AM
I think the paid requirement for classifieds is perfectly reasonable. I think if SP had been set up that way, it might be continuing. ;)

Mjshell
12-08-2022, 02:05 PM
I think Mark used to use the SP classifieds for his desktop background at work !:bolt:

Unfortunately pretty close to the truth ��

Magnum Mike
12-08-2022, 02:17 PM
Thanks Jim. As much as i am a handgunner first, i REALLY like the singleshot long guns too! Appreciate the forum, it was definitely a fav at SP.

Additionally, appreciate the classifieds for us!

Julesk
12-12-2022, 09:37 PM
I just seen this. This is great. Thanks Jim.

ramon
12-13-2022, 11:37 PM
Yes thanks to admins. Sad our SP site is about gone but this site should work well. Would be nice to have a reloading area for SP although not complaining . Jim did mention this. Nice to have a special site to check often for any information and ideas.