PDA

View Full Version : Entirely new to Savge Rifles - Archer Fish

Archer_Fish
12-05-2022, 07:42 PM
Hello there!

Figured I'd make my first post my official hello!

Picking up a new 110 High Country in 6.5 PRC, it'll be my first Savage, I'm hoping their reputation and what I've seen for accuracy follows this rifle to me.

I'm in MN, so this rifle will mainly hunt whitetail, LR shooting 1k and in. I'm hoping to really fall for this cartridge/rifle.

I have a lot to learn about Savage and I'm here to learn so if there are Savage basics for getting max performance out of the box, I'm all ears!

Fish

Dave Hoback
12-05-2022, 09:00 PM
Welcome partner. You will like the cartridge I’m sure. The rifle should meet your needs. Remember, it’s a hunting rifle, not a target rifle, and you will not see complete accuracy potential unless you are reloading & spend time working up a load. Also, there have been reports of the spiral bolt causing issues. Feeding issues I believe. A spiral bolt is not enticing to me for several reasons. However, anything you run into on any Savage 110 is fixable. Though, you may not run into a single issue at all. Let us know when you get to shoot it & your impressions.

bootsmcguire
12-05-2022, 09:01 PM
Congrats on the new purchase!

I have been pleased with almost all my Savage products and anything I have run into that I found unfavorable was easily rectified.
I am sure that you will be pleased, and any issues that you run into by all means do a search here and as always don't hesitate to ask. There are many of us here that are glad to help.

gkainz
12-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Welcome from Colorado!
What part of Minnesota are you from?
Greg

J.Baker
12-05-2022, 09:28 PM
Welcome Archer!

As for a quick-start guide, probably the best place to start would be this video I did a couple years back. I'm a bit long-winded in it, but that's the norm for me. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JxkQlqsrsU

ragsflh
12-06-2022, 09:32 AM
welcome

drybean
12-06-2022, 12:15 PM
Welcome aboard

Archer_Fish
12-06-2022, 11:47 PM
Thanks everyone!

Got her home today, everything seems to be in order!

As far as loading for it, that's the plan! I'm not sure the rifle will see much factory ammo and especially with the PRCs, handloading I'm sure will squeeze each ounce of potential from this rifle!

I've been loading for most of my firearms for ~20 years and I'm really looking forward to seeing what this spicy little pickle can do!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!!

Oh, and I'll definitely watch that video!! Thanks!!

Fish

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

thebeav
12-07-2022, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the forum from Western NY !

Archer_Fish
12-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Welcome from Colorado!
What part of Minnesota are you from?
GregTwin Cities, Minneapolis side of town.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk