PDA

View Full Version : Ones that got away

J.Baker
12-03-2022, 04:46 PM
Never been a huge handgun guy, but over the years I've had a few pass through my hands via trade that now I really wish I had held on to.

First would be a Colt Python 4" .357 mag that I got in trade from Pat (82boy) for an AR15 upper assembly. This was back when you could still buy an older Python for $500-600. I held on to it for about a year before selling it to raise funds for some other gun I wanted. Had it been a 6" I probably would have kept it as it would have been legal for hunting here in Ohio. Naturally a year or two after I sold it the prices on the snake guns went through the roof. :sorrow:

The second would be a Dan Wesson 6" .357 Mag that I took in trade for a gray rat Savage Model 99G in .300 Savage. Great shooting gun, but again - I'm just not a big handgun guy so I eventually ended up selling it. In hindsight it would have been perfect for deer hunting from a stand here in Ohio, but alas... that wasn't on my mind at the time and I probably had my eye on something else that I wanted more.

Blue Avenger
12-03-2022, 05:08 PM
Parted with a Redhawk .45 colt / .45acp moon clip that doubled in price.

wbm
12-03-2022, 05:15 PM
Dan Wesson 8" Vent Rib 41 Magnum ...extremely accurate...and a Colt Diamondback.

Julesk
12-03-2022, 07:55 PM
3" S&W model 19 and a super accurate GP100.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2022, 08:32 PM
Don’t mind me, just testing the tapatalk update

Blue Avenger
12-03-2022, 09:15 PM
Don’t mind me, just testing the tapatalk update

Did not know you were still alive! Been a long time.

J.Baker
12-03-2022, 10:00 PM
Did not know you were still alive! Been a long time.

Apparently that's the account that my TapaTalk app on the phone is linked to. How that happened is beyond me, as is how to change it to this account as that's probably the first I've opened the TT app in 2-3 years.

Magnum Mike
12-04-2022, 09:20 PM
Whew, I don't even know where to start. Most all are Smith wheelguns. I have been fortunate enough to replace some of them but there are others that still escape me. Hopefully, one day I'll find copies to add back to my collection!

KYODE
12-04-2022, 11:15 PM
Ol mike…you made it. :p

Traded my ruger bisley hunter off for a 223 xp 100. Great revolver but my redhawk has much more seniority anyway.

seen a 3 screw 357 blackhawk at the flea mkt this summer but was kinnda tight for cash. It was a reasonable price though. It will haunt me for yrs. :neglected:

BT
12-05-2022, 01:12 AM
Traded my ruger bisley hunter off for a 223 xp 100.
Your 44?? I did not know that. Dude!

KYODE
12-05-2022, 07:51 AM
U old n forget. I remember telling you lol.

wonderful revolver, popular to have, but a local black stock xp was a once in a lifetime find lol. Besides, a good redhawk is much easier to load/unload. Doesn’t matter. Not like id shoot either one lol :eyebrows:….j/k….but it seems like that.

big honkin jeep
12-05-2022, 09:48 AM
The only revolvers I had that got away were the T brand and nothing but problems to me. Though I still have an 8" 608 357 with the 8 round cyl, all I can say about my T brand handguns is good bye and good riddance.

Redleg11B
12-09-2022, 06:26 PM
Believe it or not, a Taurus 85CHTi. It was just a great little piece to drop in a pocket or wear on the ankle

And also a 686-5 6", stainless GP100 6", Blackhawk 9/357 Convertible

bootsmcguire
12-09-2022, 09:00 PM
Oh man, well my 1st Taurus Model 44 in Polished Stainless was one, however I was able to pick up another last year in the satin stainless finish. I had a S&W model 64 in 38spl stainless that had been fitted with a a slab sided heavy barrel and some kind of target sights (sorry been a long time and don't remember brands). Got that one off of an older gent that had used it one of the classes he competed in at a local club. Shot fantastic but in the end I had little use for it. In my defense all of them went to be able to grab up good deals on Savages including one of my Strikers so in the end it was sacrifices well made. The one I let slip through my fingers (never actually owned, but should have grabbed) that I regret was a Taurus Raging Hornet. Don't know why but I always wanted one.

Ed K
02-06-2023, 08:57 AM
I let an Anaconda in 45 Colt get away. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Nowaday's one's financial advisor would call that a mistake however the tolerances in the cylinder were so loose I just couldn't stand it.

Let a couple of others go but not too many as I agonize over the purchase and do likewise on the way out - not much of an impulse guy.

RCE1
02-06-2023, 02:23 PM
A Ruger Blackhawk in .41 mag. It was sweet, but I let it go and I can't even remember why.

BobT
02-12-2023, 05:37 PM
Parted with a Redhawk .45 colt / .45acp moon clip that doubled in price.

We have one of those sitting in the case at the shop right now, I have been seriously eyeballing it!

Not many that I miss, top of the list would be my Colt New Frontier 6" .22lr/.22mag convertible, my first new revolver, I really didn't get rid of it, it was burned up in a house fire along with nearly everything else I owned. There were a few others over the years, a 27 Smiff, Dan Wesson pistol pack with all the stuff, a pretty nice original1851 Navy that was stolen.

prdatr
02-13-2023, 08:15 PM
We have one of those sitting in the case at the shop right now, I have been seriously eyeballing it!

Not many that I miss, top of the list would be my Colt New Frontier 6" .22lr/.22mag convertible, my first new revolver, I really didn't get rid of it, it was burned up in a house fire along with nearly everything else I owned.

I have one I bought off a friend a long time ago. Love the feel of it and wish it was a 45LC.