PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fellas. Checking in from Specialty Pistols.

Pages : 1 [2]

Dan L
12-17-2022, 08:30 PM
Welcome to all

Dan

Hickory
12-21-2022, 06:16 PM
Hickory is trying out the new forum. As an old guy accustom to the SP forum, I hope this works and becomes the go to site.

444thumper
01-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Another SP member coming over. So appreciate the accommodation of this site to provide us with a new home. Thanks so much. Look forward to settling in.

Bobby Tomek
01-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Am glad the SP family was accommodated by this site and given a spot to land. It's nice to see all the familiar names.

BobT
01-02-2023, 08:16 PM
Welcome guys! Glad to see you all here!

tred1956
01-03-2023, 01:07 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome to all my SP friends and Thanks to all the established members here for the warm welcome
Safe shooting
Doug

mrmurl
01-03-2023, 11:47 AM
Thank you for accepting this old crippled single shooter. Love my Contenders, but RA has gotten my hands and arms in such shape that a lot of my shooting has switched to the longer barrels and shoulder stocks. While I still play with the pistols, they are mostly lighter recoiling barrels. I have a grandson who has took a bite of the apple and trying to catch up with me in numbers of Contenders, but he has a ways to go yet.

Steve The Chimney Sweep
01-03-2023, 02:34 PM
Hello,
First let me thank Savage Shooters for taking us in. I was so sad when Mike said he was shutting down SP, but life happens and we move on.

I came over from SP, joined in 2006 and only had 162 posts, I was Uncle Steve there and on some other forums as well. I am so happy to see we have a new home. I did not post much, as I was and still am a newbi in the world of SP. I have learned a lot for every one there and consider all of you as friends and trusted mentors, it's like having hundreds of favorite uncles that show up for the 4th of July picnic with a box full of fire works and tell you to go have fun. Even though I am almost 55 years old, I still love to learn about shooting and hunting around the country. I hunt and fish in my home state of the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, I also go to the great state of Maine to chase white tails and grouse.

I started my family late in life, 43, and have a 10, almost 11 year old boy, and an 8 year old girl, who had open heart surgery at 3, now doing great. I started them this year on the air guns. My little one can't use the air rifle so she has claimed my Crossman 1322, a SP???, with a red dot. She can't pump it yet, so I am her gun bearer. The boy loves my old Daisy 880 from my childhood. So hunting and shooting took a back seat for a while, but SP let me live vicariously through all of you, Thanks for that.

Just before my son turned 1, 10 years now, I came down with an autoimmune disorder that attacked the motor nerves in my left arm. Medication keeps it at bay, but no cure in sight. The cold really affects my hand as in no grip strength or dexterity at all. 2 years ago I ruptured a disc in my back, herniated 2, and partial herniation of 3 more moving a wood stove. So my days afield have been limited. Moving around helps a lot, but can affect the next couple of days severally.

So keep the stories coming about hunting and shooting, They are so much fun.

Steve, TCS

swipoff
01-04-2023, 06:31 PM
Made it here from SP.

drichi
01-13-2023, 12:21 PM
Great to see all the people that made it over here. A lot of knowledge in this group.

Bob Roach
01-15-2023, 02:23 AM
I made it over as well. Looking like more activity now than we have had for a while. I am glad to see things going smooth.

Bob R

ragsflh
01-15-2023, 11:32 AM
welcome

wakosama
01-20-2023, 03:50 PM
I came over from SP too. Was there for several happy years. I got run over by a car a while back and it trashed my left shoulder. I'm left handed so shooting the big long guns got too painful. I switched to getting a Contender, then my hunting buddy moved and the other one got too old. So now I am trading off my long guns for a couple of Contenders and maybe find another place in south TX to hunt again. Always liked my airpistols better than rifles though, so it's not a problem. be well all.

61Knuckle
01-21-2023, 02:56 PM
Glad to see who's made it over from SP so far, welcome. I've been lurking around here a while, have a Striker, a .22, and a couple of antique Savage pistols and was here for the help. Great place, good people.