PDA

View Full Version : Switched to Scope Rings. Audere PSR

Dave Hoback
11-21-2022, 04:44 PM
I’ve been using ADM Recon-S Picatinny mount with QD levers for years now. It’s done a good job to this point. But now the rifle has become purely a bench rest rig. It serves no other purpose. It doesn’t need QD features as I’m not planning on taking the scope on & off a lot. I do like the looks of a 1-piece Picatinny mount. Problem is in the price I want to spend & almost all of them in the lower price are 6061 Aluminum. Which is fine. Again, my Recon-S has been fine. But I just wanted 7075. Of course the Spuhr is the favorite… at $400. I actually would prefer the Tier One mount, however, it’s the same price basically! $370.. No thanks. The only mount in my price range is the Warne Skyline mount. It looks nice, however, I’ve read some problems with it. And for the $170-$200, any set of high quality rings will be flawless! So…. Rings it was.

I’ve continuously researched Optics Rings/Mounts since the beginning of time, just about. LOL! Back when I hunted with my Savage rifles, I had a thing for TPS TSR scope rings. Also ran those on my 20” HBAR AR15 for Varmint hunting. So they of course were in the running. I’ve also looked at ARC M10 Rings. Honestly, I don’t like them. Don’t like the swivel points or that the top “caps” halves are attached via ONE screw. I like top caps with Two screws per side. I know, I know… :rolleyes: Look, it’s just me & how’s I feels guys… So I don’t need the ARC “Fan Club” telling me how great they are, and you use them with Blah-Blah Magnum recoil & such… yes, I know. Like I said, it’s just my personal feelings on them. Same with Burris. I know lots of you love your Burris rings. And that’s fine. You are allowed to put whatever you wish on your rifles & enjoy them. I’ll do the same. So please, I’ve heard it already. Don’t like them. I could also have gone with tried & true Badger, but honestly, I don’t like Steel rings, and the Badger are really just overpriced for what they are. I ended up choosing the Audere PSR Rings. These are the nicest Rings I’ve ever seen. Audere makes rings/mounts that are re-badged & sold original equipment by March Optics & even IOR Valdada Optics. I’m thinking if they’re good enough for those two…probably good enough for me, LOL!

I do appreciate when companies take pride in their parts. The rings come in a hard case, all the pieces & screws separated.
https://i.ibb.co/kq8Sn0Q/CB06233-D-8918-43-E4-8-E0-C-914-B264-FC878.jpg (https://ibb.co/j3MrKGg)

You ever pick up a part, or a tool & can just feel the extreme high quality? Yeah… that’s exactly it with these. There is a discernible difference in the feel of 6061 & 7075 Billet Alloys, if you’ve studied the two enough. 7075-T6 is much harder & you can feel that. The material just doesn’t give. The bubble level is a nice touch, although not really needed.
https://i.ibb.co/MRfKzcC/1-CE5-C0-ED-F81-A-40-F3-8-E8-F-941229-C829-FB.jpg (https://ibb.co/8jbGyr7)

I like that the rings give a longer spacing on the rail & scope tube. Same principal as Bipod legs further apart. I do prefer the look of a 1-piece Picatinny scope mount, but the rings are a better choice for the application. The price on these is amazing. $150. They also have a wider set of rings with 3-screw caps & also a 1-piece mount. But the price, while not as bad as Spuhr, is still north of what I wanted. And these are Top-Tier as far as being Heavy-Duty. Besides the material, they have machined circumference grooves on the inside caps, they use recoil lugs, the rings are 21mm wide (over 3/4”) and have 2-screw per side top caps.
https://i.ibb.co/411nb6c/BE491-C9-A-1-A5-B-455-E-8624-6803-B175-B1-C2.jpg (https://ibb.co/tLLT07S)

celltech
11-21-2022, 05:49 PM
Redacted

Dave Hoback
11-21-2022, 06:32 PM
LOL! Me to. No honestly, I say get what what floats your boat. I always just tell people to Do the research. Don’t go by what so & so says. And absolutely don’t rely on articles! They are bought by the manufacturer. It pays to do your own research. This is how you find the weak points of parts. Or what high end manufacturers are using said parts. Research.

Txhillbilly
11-23-2022, 04:47 AM
Nice rings Dave, but I do love my ARC M10's. They are all I'll buy for my 34mm or larger tube scope's.

thebeav
11-23-2022, 07:59 AM
Those certainly are beautiful rings.
Nice report !

Dave Hoback
11-23-2022, 05:09 PM
Nice rings Dave, but I do love my ARC M10's. They are all I'll buy for my 34mm or larger tube scope's.

I know TX.. and like I said, I know they work well. It’s just me..my bias, so to speak. Much the same as we all have towards HiPoints, LOL! (Know what I mean?) Scope mounting is something I’ve studied quite a bit the last few years. And I already had an in depth knowledge of Steel & Aluminum Alloy. A $20-$50 set of rings, or mount made of 6061-T6 Alloy will function every bit as well as a $300 MPA mount made of the same Alloy….or a $400 Spuhr for that matter, within a certain recoil range, as long as the mount is without damage. This is fact. So why don’t we all just save the money? Because it’s nice to have nice things. And we can put our trust in quality components!

Our individual preferences are a wonderful thing. The different choices we make… how we like & dislike certain styles, are ways we show our individuality. It’s a gift from The Lord. And although I may not like certain parts for myself I still like that they are offered for others. For instance, I don’t like Burris, but I certainly don’t want them to close down! ;)

Whynot
11-30-2022, 10:46 PM
Nice looking rings- had never seen/heard of them.

It's true that we all have different tastes- and sometimes I have to bite my tongue when looking at other peoples setups- so it's only logical that others are doing the same when they look at my stuff.

I'm one of the few (at least I think so- although been hearing a little more about this lately) people that have had a Spuhr mount crack. It was second hand so can't say what the original owner torqued it down to- but I never abused it. But they make it right.

At first the Arc M-10 rings didn't appeal to me- but after seeing them in the wild, and how easy it is to get the scope mounted true in them- they will probably be my next set. But- I've never had a scope move in a set of seekins rings either.

And what's this shade you are throwing at HiPoint?? So much disrespect for the Yeet Cannon.

Dave Hoback
12-01-2022, 04:42 PM
Lol! Yeet, Yeet, Yeet!

Seriously… they asked their “patrons” what the name should be and the very people buying HiPoints came up with & agreed on “Yeet Cannon”! I won’t go into the meaning of “yeet”, but the fact it was used, and excepted by HiPoint is quite telling of those involved on both sides. It’s almost too pathetic to be comical.

Blue Avenger
12-01-2022, 06:24 PM
I look at the yeet cannon like a Taiwan tool set, Better then nothing, at least you can try.

Dave Hoback
12-06-2022, 04:42 PM
I actually use HiPoints in my argument on aesthetics. When you hear people say they don’t care at all what the guy looks like, just that it performs! What a crock of malarkey! EVERYONE cares about the aesthetics of their firearms! Otherwise pistol owners would mostly carry HiPoints! Because they actually shoot well, don’t fail & are more indestructible than a Glock! And if ya don’t believe it, go watch Matt at Demolition Ranch fire a bunch of HiPoints with all forms of barrel obstructions and it takes to stop one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JV8PY4_b80

ramon
12-13-2022, 11:48 PM
Everyone likes good looks and performance and those looks like they will do both.