PDA

View Full Version : 110s Being Used In Ukraine

Turkeytider
11-02-2022, 03:51 PM
Most in precision chases, although some are being used apparently with standard stocks. Apparently, Ukraine has had a robust citizen firearms ownership situation prior to the invasion. Google "Savage rifles in Ukraine ". Looks as though an appreciation of the ability of Savage rifles to put metal on target is appreciated in places other than the US of A !!

Whynot
11-02-2022, 04:22 PM
Well- they are guns so not sure why that would surprise anyone.....

Dave Hoback
11-02-2022, 05:06 PM
Jim posted about this with a video some time ago. https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?70449-Savage-s-at-war-in-Ukraine

They do have a history with Savage rifles over there. Economical price point for great shooting rifles. Makes sense.

Turkeytider
11-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Late to the party, I had not seen the reports. I also saw where they have Accuracy International guns in use as well.

Dave Hoback
11-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Honestly speaking, Ukraine ain’t exactly set up like the US… or even like Russia for that matter. It’s poor.., like just above 3rd world poor. They use pretty much whatever weapons they have & can get. Not to mention take all they can to fight. Former prize fighter brothers, Vitali & Vladamir Klitchko both stayed to fight. As well as as Vasiliy Lomachenko & Oleksandr Usyk, who QUIT aspiring careers and were living in the US quite comfortably. (Although I do know Lomachenko is returning to the ring now.) Anyway, Ukraine doesn’t do things quite like NATO countries.

Turkeytider
11-03-2022, 07:04 AM
Honestly speaking, Ukraine ain’t exactly set up like the US… or even like Russia for that matter. It’s poor.., like just above 3rd world poor. They use pretty much whatever weapons they have & can get. Not to mention take all they can to fight. Former prize fighter brothers, Vitali & Vladamir Klitchko both stayed to fight. As well as as Vasiliy Lomachenko & Oleksandr Usyk, who QUIT aspiring careers and were living in the US quite comfortably. (Although I do know Lomachenko is returning to the ring now.) Anyway, Ukraine doesn’t do things quite like NATO countries.

Yep, I`m pretty sure there`s more than one previously privately owned rifle seeing sniper duty.