PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Lightweight Storm?

Chris_in_Idaho
10-28-2022, 12:58 AM
I just ran across this article/review of a LWS in 6.5c, but the rifle in the pictures is weird. It has the fluted bolt and correct stock, but the receiver is not skeletonized. Is this a factory configuration?

http://www.thewilltohunt.com/2020/01/review-savage-110-lightweight-storm-6-5-creedmoor/

Dave Hoback
10-28-2022, 03:07 AM
I believe they used the wrong gun for the article. The picture below is the Lightweight Storm. Same style Action as the UltraLight. The one in the article is the standard 110 Storm. We see this in gun articles from time to time. They do a “review” on a gun, but take pictures of what they have handy. Most people don’t notice.

Chris_in_Idaho
10-28-2022, 10:09 AM
I believe they used the wrong gun for the article. The picture below is the Lightweight Storm. Same style Action as the UltraLight. The one in the article is the standard 110 Storm. We see this in gun articles from time to time. They do a “review” on a gun, but take pictures of what they have handy. Most people don’t notice.

Do you think they swapped on the correct LSW stock and bolt just for the pictures?

Dave Hoback
10-28-2022, 10:40 AM
They both use the same stock as far as I can tell. But the bolt must have been swapped.

J.Baker
10-28-2022, 06:34 PM
They both use the same stock as far as I can tell. But the bolt must have been swapped.

110 Apex Storm XP and 110 Lightweight Storm use the non-adjustable synthetic stock, whereas the 110 Storm has the AccuFit stock. As such, the rifle pictured is likely the 110 Apex Storm XP.

Dave Hoback
10-28-2022, 10:06 PM
110 Apex Storm XP and 110 Lightweight Storm use the non-adjustable synthetic stock, whereas the 110 Storm has the AccuFit stock. As such, the rifle pictured is likely the 110 Apex Storm XP.

Ahh.. didn't even realize the Accufit was used on the Storm. All the pics I kept checking were Apex Storms then. It’s quite obvious seeing the difference with the Accufit stock.

So it stands to reason they maybe had access to an Apex Storm & an Ultralight, but not a Lightweight Storm. Quick swap of the Fluted Bolt to the Apex Storm & VIOLA! Instant (almost), 110 Lightweight Storm for the pictures. Pretty slick. ;)