PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again Everyone

bootsmcguire
10-06-2022, 11:09 PM
​Well let me start off by saying to those that may still remember me, sorry for my absence. Life threw me a curveball and caused me to have to buckle down and work hard and get back up on my feet so to speak. For those of you that don't know me all I can say is I look forward to the future and possibly being of help where I can.

I've been a long time Savage fan and built a fair number of rifles with the help of many of the members here over the years. Just a quick list of what I can remember: Striker in 444 Marlin, 22-250, 22-250AI, few 223's, 250-3000AI, 6mm-WSM, 6-06, 308, 243AI, 22 K-Hornet, 458WM, 7 Rem Mag, 6BR, 204 Ruger, couple 30-06's, 450 Bushmaster (before they were everywhere), 7-08, 25-06, 222, 223 WSSM, 243 Win, and had rimfires in 22LR (Mark II and Mark II FVSR) and 22 WMR (93 FV). Also had a couple 99's at one point. Probably more if I venture down memory lane far enough. I just liked building different stuff and trying new rounds when my budget allowed. Still have a fair number of those listed and am getting back into shooting them as I can.

Was a machinist for almost two decades and still am on a part time basis, but am now working with another one of my passions as the Service Ops manager at my local Harley dealer. That being said with these two hobbies I tend to need to show some self restraint or I would be a poor man in real hurry lol.

Look forward to seeing a few familiar names and hope to catch up with many of you, and of course always glad to meet a few new ones as well. May spend a few days spelunking in the depths of the archives here and see if any of my old posts are still floating around.

Thanks,

BootsMcGuire

bc160
10-06-2022, 11:17 PM
Boots... i've wondered where you have been. Glad to have you back and look forward to learning from your posts again.

bootsmcguire
10-06-2022, 11:37 PM
Thanks, glad to be back when I can. I don't know how much learning I can offer these days lol. I've been away since before the bottom releases came out and the Axis was an infant. But I'll help where I can and hopefully learn something about these new fangled Savages. I must be getting old and not as willing to change to new designs :rolleyes: :tea:

Dave Hoback
10-07-2022, 05:26 AM
Welcome back … Again:p Isn’t this the 2nd time you done this? LOL!

Im just jokin’ Seriously, you share my love of Savage rifles & building them as well. So consider me a friend.

Honestly, not much has changed. The BBR is the same, including the trigger; just the Sear has the release reversed so to speak. And the Axis Is still the red headed step child. Also, now they have this Impulse, which to a Bolt Action guy, just seems all kinds-a wrong! It’s still a Barrel Nut rifle, but uses a steel barrel extension that is clamped in the Aluminum Action. Anyway. Good to have you back.

ragsflh
10-07-2022, 09:20 AM
welcome back

drybean
10-07-2022, 10:17 AM
Welcome back

wbm
10-07-2022, 10:49 AM
Boots... i've wondered where you have been. Glad to have you back and look forward to learning from your posts again.

Me too!

Robinhood
10-07-2022, 10:14 PM
Good to see you back boots. No where is Boilerup?

bootsmcguire
11-21-2022, 09:18 PM
Glad to be back again. Something went haywire in my account and it wouldn't let me post or reply for the last couple months. Jim got me all fixed up so no I didn't pop in and then back out again, LMAO