PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Tumbler Time?

Pages : 1 [2]

J.Baker
12-05-2022, 10:31 PM
This is what I use to deal with the water.

That's what I've got, but then you end up with a ton of pins in the bottom of the bucket with the water as well.

jpx2rk
12-06-2022, 07:44 AM
I've got both sizes of the FA tumblers, and use the pins that came with them, and have never had any SS pins get stuck in 223 or 20 cal cases. I've read of numerous complaints about this but I've never dealt with it. I use one of the FA wet/dry media separators and rotate the cases/pin mix back and forth with abrupt stops at the 180* point in the rotation. Seems to shake all the pins loose/out of the cases as I've never found one on down the line when processing the brass. I really shake the crap out of the separator when doing the abrupt stops.

Julesk
12-06-2022, 08:18 AM
That's what I've got, but then you end up with a ton of pins in the bottom of the bucket with the water as well.

I wrap one of my wife's old nylon ankle footie over an empty coffee container then pour the pins and water through it. When you pick the footie up the pins are trapped in side it and the water stays in the container.

charlie b
12-06-2022, 08:49 AM
I bought my FA tumbler in the last couple of years. It came with two screens that fit the top. Just remove the clear lid section and replace with screen, drain the water. I also rinse the cases that way.