PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 11G info

titus2423
08-15-2022, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone. Been a long time since I've posted here and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Since I got some help reading here when I bought my 200 Steven's a decade ago, I'm pretty hopeful.

Over the weekend, I found a used Savage model 11g that I couldn't pass up. Now knowing how old the rifle is, I can't believe the condition it is in. I requested info from Savage through their website with the rifles serial number, and it turns out this gun was made back in October of 2001. Unfortunately, due to the age, the rep who responded was not able to give me any further information.

This is where I'm asking for help. I was wondering if anyone had any other info on this rifle or any links to where I could brush up on it. I realize it's extremely similar to my Stevens, but I can't stop myself from looking for specs, reviews, articles, etc on this particular model if possible. Thanks everyone!

TXRoadlizard
08-15-2022, 09:27 PM
Did you already find this: https://ammoterra.com/product/savage-11g

Dave Hoback
08-15-2022, 09:43 PM
While I’m not sure what you are looking for as far as info, there is nothing particularly special, or different from pretty much any other 110 series Short Action Savage. That link TX posted tells you the features. Although yours being a 2001 model, does not have the Accutrigger. If there is anything specific on your mind, just ask. One of us will have an answer. :cool:

titus2423
08-15-2022, 10:04 PM
TX, thanks for the link. That gives me a little more info than I already had. Mine has a synthetic stock on it so that may have been swapped out at some point.

Hoback, I think really the only other bit of info I was looking for was what it may have sold for originally when it was new. I guess I only want that to feel better about what I paid for it, but for the condition it's in for being so old, I don't really mind if I paid a little more than it was really worth.

Dave Hoback
08-16-2022, 10:52 AM
And, prices are up on all firearms & EVERYTHING, due to…well, we all know why.;) So, shouldn’t feel bad about spending more anyway.

titus2423
08-16-2022, 01:55 PM
Nope, don't feel bad at all about paying more than a couple of years ago. Either way I'm extremely happy with the purchase and I've already started to source components to make some reloads for it. Eventually this will be my kids first rifle but dad's gotta put it through a test run first ;)

Dave Hoback
08-16-2022, 11:14 PM
But of course! :(