PDA

View Full Version : New Barrel for the 112 Win Mag!

TXRoadlizard
08-12-2022, 10:52 AM
While the site was down, UPS delivered my package from Northland Shooters Supply! Up late last night getting everything situated. Replaced a stock 112 from 1994 barrel with a 30" Match Chamber 8-Twist Criterion Bull an put on an EC Tuner Brake from Cortina Precision. Everything went smoothly but took some "ooomph" to break that old barrel nut, even with the action in a NSS Action Wrench and a breaker bar. Total Rig weighs 22-pounds now, and between an extra 4-pounds and the brake, I should be able to see impacts down range. The new Chamber is only 0.010" shorter than the old Chamber, which I'm sure had some serious erosion. Can't believe how nice the inside of the barrel from Criterion looks! No tooling marks whatsoever and slicker than snot. Ran a couple patches through it and put in a couple patches of colloidal graphite. Cannot say enough about how helpful the folks are over at Northland Shooters Supply. Ordered everything on Friday at 4:30 P.M. Central and UPS delivered Thursday at 4:45 P.M. Ready to hit the range on Saturday for zero and load tuning with the EC Tuner Brake.

Dave Hoback
08-12-2022, 10:13 PM
Looks great!