PDA

View Full Version : BVSS - single shot conversion

Pages : 1 [2]

pdog06
08-19-2022, 11:38 AM
Found these pics from a while back to show how they go in. Pretty self explanatory once you have it in hand, but had someone ask one time so I took some pics of it.

thought I’d post them here since the OP was suggesting they fit in the mag box.

Mike99-123
08-19-2022, 12:09 PM
Wow! Excellent post! I’m thinking about doing the same thing for my club’s benchrest matches. I don’t have a BVSS yet but would definitely like to know how they shoot.

Nor Cal Mikie
08-20-2022, 11:32 AM
Don't own a BVSS but, it has an internal "center feed" mag "under the action" and rests against the bottom of the action??
Held in place with a clip and down pressure from the action?? FRED (single shot) SLED replaces the mag.
Not sure what it is folks arn't understanding? Maybe you ARE? ;) As far as a single shot adapter/ramp, just a matter of fitting it the way YOU want it. Epoxy keeps mine in place. A good hard TAP will remove it. Even think I packed the Mag well with lead shot in a plastic bag for extra weight.

jpx2rk
08-21-2022, 07:27 AM
I've used several of the SSS "sleds" on FV12's. The first 3 just fit into the bottom of the action without any additional mods. This last one I used would not "snap" into place as the others had, so I found some thick closed cell packing foam laying around, and cut it to fit into the empty mag well on a BVSS stock. Have not had a chance to take it to the range again. I discovered that this particular action/sled was not a tight fit as the previous 3 were when the sled fell down into the empty mag well on the stock. LOL.

Blackthorn
08-21-2022, 10:41 AM
This is how I converted my BVSS to a single shot. It is permanent. I filled the mag well with a block of walnut the acrglassed a Score Hi sled to the top then bedded the entire action. It makes the stock slightly heavier and much stiffer through the action.