PDA

View Full Version : Savage 6.5 Creedmoor PRS

Pages : 1 [2]

Robinhood
07-30-2022, 11:44 AM
Ya know.. just not worth it. I’ve never lied here. Show examples or it’s just you talking!

Ive never said I did any of this for a living. I’ve only ever said I was a Hobbyist! Please, show me where I said any different? Otherwise it’s just you talking.

I’m a Gunsmith, Knifemaker, & Machinist…with ONE arm! What’s your SUPERPOWER?:)

I think it’s a bit unrealistic WITHOUT very high cost machinery & tooling. Like several $100,000’s high cost.

Implying that I am not knowledgeable enough to understand what I am talking about. You insult people all of the time and you act like a victim when you are called on it. We all have the ability to make ourselves look foolish.

I watched you challenge the information I offered the OP. Then you ignorantly tried to make my response look stupid by chasing down specs on the internet. I again spoke truth. Now your trying to put it on me. I only responded to help you identify that you are not the Gunsmith or Machinist you claim to be. I am going to call you out as a fraud. I will give you credit when you deserve it but if you are going to bust my chops David, I will use facts to educate you and set the story straight. BS is not traction, it is the opposite. I have no agenda except to keep a bully in his place.

Dave Hoback
07-30-2022, 12:30 PM
Duplicate

Dave Hoback
07-30-2022, 12:30 PM
You’re right. I worded that wrong. I wasn’t calling you out or implying you did not know anything. Wasn’t how I meant it. And for that Im sorry. But you very clearly did say those things about me, even insinuating Im lying.

Ya know, when I lived in Tucson, I knew a guy who worked for Raytheon. If you showed what you do & called yourself a “Machinist” Robin, he would laugh & very firmly insist HE was a machinist, and you are a DIY’er. Just as he did to me. He was a despicable person. But what HE did, was his criteria for being a “machinist”. I didn’t agree with him. My first statement was wrong, not what I meant. My point was that .0002” is not easy. It’s not a starting point of accuracy; it’s the end game for most people. It’s what people strive for & it’s easy to find many, many very qualified people struggle with that type of accuracy. I can’t hold .0002”! Not even close. I can keep most things in about .0015” or so. Which is fine for my projects. But the way that guy in AZ would rebuke you (& most gunsmiths for that matter). People have their own criteria from things, I guess.

Explain how my signature is stating I do it for a living? I don’t even make custom knives for a living. I just make them because it’s enjoyable. Or is that one of the things I have someone else do & lie about, as you so spitefully put it? (I changed the Sig just for you man.)

In any case, I am sorry what I said sounded like it did. Not what I meant. Pretty sure I’ve ONLY said you are a better machinist than I’ll ever be. So, thanks for that.

charlie b
07-30-2022, 03:00 PM
I routinely worked with people who held better than .0001" accuracy, and frequently not using super expensive equipment. Some of them were like that guy at Raytheon, since I worked for that company and the Tucson folks did work for me every now and then. They are people who do precision work on a daily basis. It is not what the run of the mill gunsmith does. But, a run of the mill gunsmith is not capable of building a true precision rifle. I've seen results from some of these 'professionals' and it ranges from horrible to barely adequate.

I think Robin's first comment was just that. It takes a good gunsmith to do precision rifle work, ie, good enough to compete. And they will hold tolerances above the 'norm'. And, because of that knowledge and time, they cost accordingly.

Robinhood
07-30-2022, 04:48 PM
https://www.thecrucible.org/guides/machining/machinist/

Robinhood
07-30-2022, 04:54 PM
You’re right. I worded that wrong. I wasn’t calling you out or implying you did not know anything. Wasn’t how I meant it. And for that Im sorry. But you very clearly did say those things about me, even insinuating Im lying.

Ya know, when I lived in Tucson, I knew a guy who worked for Raytheon. If you showed what you do & called yourself a “Machinist” Robin, he would laugh & very firmly insist HE was a machinist, and you are a DIY’er. Just as he did to me. He was a despicable person. But what HE did, was his criteria for being a “machinist”. I didn’t agree with him. My first statement was wrong, not what I meant. My point was that .0002” is not easy. It’s not a starting point of accuracy; it’s the end game for most people. It’s what people strive for & it’s easy to find many, many very qualified people struggle with that type of accuracy. I can’t hold .0002”! Not even close. I can keep most things in about .0015” or so. Which is fine for my projects. But the way that guy in AZ would rebuke you (& most gunsmiths for that matter). People have their own criteria from things, I guess.

Explain how my signature is stating I do it for a living? I don’t even make custom knives for a living. I just make them because it’s enjoyable. Or is that one of the things I have someone else do & lie about, as you so spitefully put it? (I changed the Sig just for you man.)

In any case, I am sorry what I said sounded like it did. Not what I meant. Pretty sure I’ve ONLY said you are a better machinist than I’ll ever be. So, thanks for that.

You can do anything you want Dave, I only care when you include me or anyone I may have some respect for in your condescending or self promotional posts and/or responses. I don't care for the "constant cross the line/blame shift, then kiss and make up" game. I watch my grand kids do the same thing.
Is this ok? in your sig

And then you state "I’ve ONLY said you are a better machinist than I’ll ever be", I have never seen you post that. Never. You conflate fantasy with facts on a regular basis. Maybe Just STFU.

I will be the first to say, I am not the best at anything, but I am very good at a few things.. I will do anything to help anyone including mailing tools or going to meet someone to help them. I have flaws that are very obvious to me. I am learning to not show them or somebody will expose them. It is possible there is a lesson for you.

I am not going to respond on this anymore. It is disrespectful to the OP and the other forum readers. I simply attempted to give him what I felt was sound advice. I apologize to him and the rest of the forum for dragging this post in the mud.

Have a blessed day brothers of the barrel nut.