PDA

View Full Version : Elf Savage 110 SE Trigger

Pages : [1] 2

TXRoadlizard
06-28-2022, 04:31 PM
Poking around looking for an alternative to the Accutrigger. I don't hate the Accutrigger, but I don't love it either. Not fond of the feeling of the blade in front of the actual trigger. I found a youtube video of the Elf trigger and thought I'd give it a whirl. Wow, easy 5-min install and adjust, and I'm really happy with it. Wide, flat trigger shoe, and breaking about the same as I had the Accutrigger set. Won't get it to the range for a bit, but I'm liking the feel/look so far! Anybody else have experience with this trigger?

https://i.ibb.co/9gmd8mZ/Elftman.jpg (https://ibb.co/F3kdxkH)

deadduck357
06-28-2022, 05:29 PM
No experience with one but good to know there are options.

GrenGuy
06-28-2022, 06:15 PM
Yes. See My post in the Competitive Shooting Forum on this site.

TXRoadlizard
06-28-2022, 09:38 PM
That is a good read. I've got the 60567S springs on order from Century Spring Corp. Thanks!

Dave Hoback
06-29-2022, 06:39 AM
I like Elf’s “captured” spring design. I know exactly why they went that route. When I set up an Accutrigger, I use a set screw through the spring to adjust as Overtravel stop. But this negates the little hole for the spring nub to set in. Also the Red tab safety indicator is right in the way of the spring. I like how they overcame this by enclosing the spring. Although I think having a true overtravel stop feels better. In any case, I applaud their thinking. My only contention is it’s no different than the others in functionality. For $150 it really doesn’t offer anything better than a worked Accutrigger. Or a worked 3-screw for that matter.

No worries though. TriggerTech will save the day sometime next year, LOL!

TXRoadlizard
06-29-2022, 09:13 AM
I like Elf’s “captured” spring design. I know exactly why they went that route. When I set up an Accutrigger, I use a set screw through the spring to adjust as Overtravel stop. But this negates the little hole for the spring nub to set in. Also the Red tab safety indicator is right in the way of the spring. I like how they overcame this by enclosing the spring. Although I think having a true overtravel stop feels better. In any case, I applaud their thinking. My only contention is it’s no different than the others in functionality. For $150 it really doesn’t offer anything better than a worked Accutrigger. Or a worked 3-screw for that matter.

No worries though. TriggerTech will save the day sometime next year, LOL!

My Christiansen Arms AR has a single-stage TriggerTech trigger and it is phenomenal, and absolutely one of the best triggers I've ever had the pleasure of actuating...

GrenGuy
06-29-2022, 10:40 AM
Good deal TX, please let us know Your intended use for the Elftmann Trigger, and how it works out for You.

GrenGuy
06-29-2022, 11:00 AM
OK Dave Hoback, You’re our contact point for the Savage Trigger Tech when it hopefully comes to fruition. How much will You be willing to pay for it? I’m only interested in it as the Diamond Grade. If it doesn’t match that, then I have plenty of trigger choices already. And I assume it will cost at least as much as the current Diamond Grade.

This will be a moot point if I can’t get powder and bullets soon. I’ve noticed a lot of matches have fewer entrees lately. “ Off subject”

TX, don’t want to high jack Your thread ... we’re still talking triggers.

TXRoadlizard
06-29-2022, 11:26 AM
Good deal TX, please let us know Your intended use for the Elftmann Trigger, and how it works out for You.

I shoot at a range that has steel targets out to 1,500 yards and a 1-mile target. I'm doing everything I can think of between my shooting platform and reloading processes to get better. The trigger seemed like a good place to optimize for consistency and confidence. Springs should be here next week and I will follow up for sure. Thanks!

GrenGuy
07-02-2022, 02:58 PM
I shoot at a range that has steel targets out to 1,500 yards and a 1-mile target. I'm doing everything I can think of between my shooting platform and reloading processes to get better. The trigger seemed like a good place to optimize for consistency and confidence. Springs should be here next week and I will follow up for sure. Thanks!

The Elftmann Trigger should serve You well for Your purposes. Best of Luck

Dave Hoback
07-02-2022, 03:17 PM
OK Dave Hoback, You’re our contact point for the Savage Trigger Tech when it hopefully comes to fruition. How much will You be willing to pay for it? I’m only interested in it as the Diamond Grade. If it doesn’t match that, then I have plenty of trigger choices already. And I assume it will cost at least as much as the current Diamond Grade.

This will be a moot point if I can’t get powder and bullets soon. I’ve noticed a lot of matches have fewer entrees lately. “ Off subject”

TX, don’t want to high jack Your thread ... we’re still talking triggers.

If it lives up to TriggerTech’s name, I’m willing to pay the same they charge for their other triggers. We shall see. And thankfully, I am quite patient.

TXRoadlizard
07-02-2022, 07:06 PM
The Elftmann Trigger should serve You well for Your purposes. Best of Luck

Thanks, tomorrow is range day with it for the first time. It is breaking at 11 oz.

Dave Hoback
07-02-2022, 09:06 PM
Good luck. If you like it now, you’ll be happy shooting with it, I’m sure. Looking forward to hearing about it.

GrenGuy
07-03-2022, 08:31 AM
TX, 11oz should serve You well for Your brand of shooting. We’re looking forward to Your range report.

Txhillbilly
07-03-2022, 10:19 PM
I've got one TT Diamond trigger and three of the TT Special trigger's in my custom action's. Unless you're shooting a Benchrest gun, I personally would just go with the Special trigger. I've got all of mine set at 1lb, I've tried using the Diamond trigger under that weight, but I didn't like it on a rifle that weighed under 20 lbs. It is just too sensitive for my type of shooting.

Dave Hoback
07-03-2022, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I’m not into triggers under about 1.5lbs. Honestly, “some” people that talk about super light triggers below a pound & even in the single digits, are being a bit disingenuous I think. A 1lb trigger is insanely light, let alone under. And single digit weight triggers are so sensitive, there is no fast bolt racking. Triggers that light can trip if you look at them wrong, LOL! No thanks.

GrenGuy
07-04-2022, 02:03 PM
So now Competitive Bench Rest Shooters are accused of being “disingenuous”. That’s quite an accusation.

TXRoadlizard
07-04-2022, 08:02 PM
Thanks TxHillbilly. I'm specifically looking for feedback on the Elf trigger, not the Diamond or Special Trigger. Also not interested in a p-match about who preferrs what on trigger pull. We're all adults here, and all have different shooting styles. The ONLY time my rifle is loaded, and I mean the ONLY TIME, is when it is pointed down range, rear bag under the butt of stock, and my eye is on the target I am engaging. If I was shooting some other style, I would probably agree to set at 1.25#, but that isn't what I'm doing. If you guys want a thread on trigger pull weights, the safety and efficacy thereof, feel free to start one. Not trying to be a t*rd, but honestly, can we just stick with the topic?

TXRoadlizard
07-04-2022, 08:10 PM
TX, 11oz should serve You well for Your brand of shooting. We’re looking forward to Your range report.

OK, so I got to spend some time between 300 & 1,500 yards at the range today (Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!). I did shoot a 5-shoot group at 100-yards just to make sure no POI shift from having the barreled action out of stock and switching out the trigger. All 5 touching at 100. The Elf was breaking at 11 oz on my wheeler trigger pull gauge. It was a freaking DREAM to shoot! I shot 85-rounds, and slammed the bolt on a good 10 of them (until I got tired of doing it) and had zero mishaps with slam fires or any other malfunction. The rest of the 75-shots I ran the bolt as I normally do. Again, no malfunction to report. I am really happy with this Elf Trigger.

When I got home from the range, I had an envelope waiting on me from Century Spring Corp, so after I'd cleaned the barrel completely, I dropped the chassis and switched out the spring. I have the spring capture screw in to the point I am confident it will not back off, and added some vibratight around the threads where it goes into the spring housing. Initial testing on the Wheeler pull gauge shows breaking just under 8 0z, just as you said, GrenGuy! So that dropped it by around 3 oz or just a tad more.

If you're looking for a drop-in trigger, this Elf shows a lot of promise so far. More testing to follow. Thanks for all your help, @GrenGuy!

GrenGuy
07-04-2022, 09:28 PM
TX, it’s good to hear of Your success. I have never been able to get My Elf to bump fire either, even when the piston and spring was removed. The trigger is so simple in design, I don’t know why it wasn’t thought of years ago. I expect it will continue to meet Your expectations. Please keep us updated. Thanks ... GG