PDA

View Full Version : Elf Savage 110 SE Trigger

Pages : 1 [2]

Scttschnd
07-12-2022, 09:13 AM
I did not like the Accutrigger in the Axis II Precision of mine so I installed the Elftmann Trigger. At first I liked it but was getting soft primer strikes. After a year or so of trying and switching to Lapua SRP cases (6.5manbun by the way) I had even more FTF. Felt the trigger creeping and then get a soft strike. After all that I went back to the Accutrigger with an MCarbo trigger kit for like $13. Thinking the sear was not breaking clean I figured I was not out anything and know these rifles has light strike issues, I wanted to confirm.

Funny thing is the rifle goes bang every damn time now and the Mcarbo kit has a very nice pull weight of about a lbs. Jump test this past weekend produced .47" groups with 140eldm 20thou off the lands. I am a happy camper albeit disappointed in the Elftmann trigger I spent money on. Sd 6.5 was nice to see also using labradar

Just my experience with this trigger and rifle.

Dave Hoback
07-12-2022, 09:37 AM
I did not like the Accutrigger in the Axis II Precision of mine so I installed the Elftmann Trigger. At first I liked it but was getting soft primer strikes. After a year or so of trying and switching to Lapua SRP cases (6.5manbun by the way) I had even more FTF. Felt the trigger creeping and then get a soft strike. After all that I went back to the Accutrigger with an MCarbo trigger kit for like $13. Thinking the sear was not breaking clean I figured I was not out anything and know these rifles has light strike issues, I wanted to confirm.

Funny thing is the rifle goes bang every damn time now and the Mcarbo kit has a very nice pull weight of about a lbs. Jump test this past weekend produced .47" groups with 140eldm 20thou off the lands. I am a happy camper albeit disappointed in the Elftmann trigger I spent money on. Sd 6.5 was nice to see also using labradar

Odd you were getting light strikes.:confused: Shouldn’t make a difference between triggers, as it’s the same striker & spring. (Firing pin assembly) The trigger & sear simply “let go”. Curious.

But this is the case with all aftermarket Savage triggers. Going to find people who love them & talk of being able to set the trigger much lower than even the company lists, and then people who have problems & hate it.

EDIT: saw earlier you saw one of the spring.

TXRoadlizard
07-12-2022, 12:14 PM

That IS strange with the light primer strikes. I also use Lapua SRP brass and after 120-rounds with the Elf trigger, I haven't had any issues whatsoever, including with primer strikes. It has all worked terrific for me. Maybe a 110 vs Axis thing? Their website does say for both 110 and Axis.

Scttschnd
07-12-2022, 05:30 PM
I have no sawed or shortened any springs. Just pulled the Accutrigger and installed the Elftmann. Not sure why reinstalling the OEM trigger is affecting it but it sure made an instantaneous correction once it went back in the rifle.

Robinhood
07-14-2022, 12:44 AM
I have no sawed or shortened any springs. Just pulled the Accutrigger and installed the Elftmann. Not sure why reinstalling the OEM trigger is affecting it but it sure made an instantaneous correction once it went back in the rifle.

I have seen where limiting the trigger over travel has interfered with the sear travel causing light primer strikes. I don't remember which trigger it was with but the sear drug on the top of the trigger in the big radius. Don't know if that can happen with the elf but it is the first place I would investigate. That also includes the cocking piece pin where it is released by the other end of the sear part. Of coarse I have done some crazy chit before, so I could be way off.