PDA

View Full Version : Savage 93R17 can't get accutrigger under 2 1/4 pounds........

thebeav
06-26-2022, 01:45 PM
Hello folks,
Thanks for checking this out.
As the title indicates, the lightest I can get this trigger to is 2 1/4 pounds. I've counter-clockwised that screw and it will not budge another bit.
Am I the only one ?

Fasteddie01
06-26-2022, 05:53 PM
I have a B22 and went thru the trigger issue a while back. That's about as far as the OEM trigger set will go. Here's what I've found ->
There are lots of threads here and on rimfirecentral and YT-vids on mods. I polished all the innerds of the B, anything that rubs anything, using 1000g wet/dry.
And then I heated the T-spring with a Bic, let it cool slowly. That got the pull down to about 1.4# and the polishing makes it smo-o-oth. I would NOT cut the spring unless you have a spare handy - too much and you're f-d. Alternative is the Varmint-spring from Gunshack for about $10 shipped. Or Apache for about $100 or Timney for $200. My solution cost about 1/2 hour of work. I think that's best and you get 'in touch' with your rifle.
Good luck
Ed
Here's one thread that I used a lot of tips from, but not all. I didn't cut any springs or drill anything.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/lightened-accutrigger-fine-tuning.222483/

thebeav
06-26-2022, 08:27 PM
I appreciate that Ed.
Thank you for all that info and the link.
Paul