PDA

View Full Version : The new Guy

Johan Nel
06-20-2022, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone, I am a new member from Namibia in Africa. Does anyone know where I can get a bolt protector for my Savages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Hoback
06-20-2022, 11:29 AM
Welcome to our happy home Johan. Which one part of the U.S. did you immigrate to? How long have you been with us & what’s your firearms background? :redface-new:

What exactly do you mean by Bolt Protector? There is something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/324555558830

Johan Nel
06-20-2022, 11:33 AM
Welcome to our happy home Johan. Which one part of the U.S. did you immigrate to? How long have you been with us & what’s your firearms background? :redface-new:

Hi Dave, I wish I was in the US. I still call Africa my home. I do large rifle and .22 bench rest. Been shooting since 4 years old and reloading for 21 years.

Phreddie30.06
06-20-2022, 01:34 PM
Welcome from colorful Colorado

I owe it all to my dad.

Johan Nel
06-20-2022, 01:35 PM
Thanks brother.

drybean
06-20-2022, 04:46 PM
Welcome aboard

Dave Hoback
06-20-2022, 05:02 PM
Hi Dave, I wish I was in the US. I still call Africa my home. I do large rifle and .22 bench rest. Been shooting since 4 years old and reloading for 21 years.

Oh WOW! I’m surprised we have a Savage enthusiast visiting our Forum from Africa. Very cool! Let me ask you John, as being a South-African yourself… what’s it like there now? I’ve read several pieces that indicate it’s almost a REVERSED apartheid now? Or, the same I guess, but just changed ethnic groups. White farmers being murdered, having their land re-appropriated, whites unable to get jobs. What is your take as one living there?

I understand what you mean about “wishing” you were here. I thank The Lord often that I was born a US citizen. I’m actually in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania… you know, Rocky? Are you trying to come here to the States? If it’s what you want, I do hope you are able to locate here one day. And yes, it’s true… our Gun laws really are AWESOME! LOL! (In most States)

Heart of Texas
06-20-2022, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone, I am a new member from Namibia in Africa. Does anyone know where I can get a bolt protector for my Savages?

Amazon.com : Protektor Model Rifle Bolt Sheath, Large, Multicolor, Multi : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors (https://www.amazon.com/Protektor-Model-Rifle-Sheath-Large/dp/B008AWZQRC)

Johan Nel
06-21-2022, 01:24 AM
I am from Namibia, we were under South African rule many moons back, but since 1990 we got our independence. It is a very sad story and the other sad part is nobody knows the hole truth, but we all soldier on. Three of my rifles are Savages and I am convinced that they are one of the best manufactures on the market.

Johan Nel
06-21-2022, 01:29 AM

What exactly do you mean by Bolt Protector? There is something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/324555558830

My luck, this product cant be shipped to Namibia.

GaCop
06-21-2022, 06:43 AM
Welcome to the forums.

ragsflh
06-21-2022, 07:35 AM
welcome,explain bolt protector ?

Johan Nel
06-21-2022, 07:38 AM
welcome,explain bolt protector ?

We have a rule at our club that states the bolt must be out of the rifle for safekeeping until is is time to shoot. Lowe in Australia makes these, but not for Savage.

Johan Nel
06-21-2022, 07:43 AM
We have a rule at our club that states the bolt must be out of the rifle for safekeeping until is is time to shoot. Lowe in Australia makes these, but not for Savage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324555558830?_ul=NA

Dave Hoback
06-21-2022, 09:44 AM
Ill be honest Johan, that’s something I would rig up myself. I actually take the bolt out of my Savage as well; for an easier fit in the case because it’s an extended handle. But I just lay it in the case, next to the rifle. I don’t worry about a protector.