PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions on Axis II 6mm ARC

CaC'estBon
06-06-2022, 12:49 PM
I just picked up an Axis II in 6mm ARC. The regular 22" sporter version. I read that action screw torque for Savage synthetic stocks is supposed to be 30-35 in/lbs. Is this the appropriate value to use for these newer pillar bedded stocks also?

Lastly, I can't locate a spare magazine anywhere. Anyone have a part # for the Axis II DBM in 6mm ARC? There are no part #'s I can see on the magazine except there's a "6" imprinted on the block behind the follower.

Arcangle
06-07-2022, 05:32 AM
I just put an AxisII 6mm ARC in an Oryx chassis. The instructions said to torque to 60 inch pounds, or to snug the bolt and turn an additional 1/4 turn. I would contact the stock manufacturer and see what they recommend. As far as mags go I to was looking for them in the DBM and could not find them... even on the savage site. The Oryx chassis uses AICS 10 round mags, I had no problem locating these mags.

Dave Hoback
06-07-2022, 11:52 PM
Arangle, CaC’estBon is speaking of the factory stock. Not an aftermarket Chassis like your Oryx.

CaC’estBon, there are all kinds of different torque values for factory stock, however, you are correct that non go over 35in.lbs. And you want to set the REAR Action screw to less torque than the Front. Try 30in.lbs Front, & 20in.lbs. Read to start. See how your grouping is. But it’s something you may wish to experiment with. I know some will run the Front at around 30in.lbs. & the Rear screw as low as 5in.lbs.!