PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning barrel

Pages : 1 [2]

82boy
11-30-2010, 12:51 AM
On brush strokes, i've read that you should only brush from the chamber to the muzzle, and then unscrew the brush, and repeat, and not to do a back and forth brushing. Does this really matter if i'm using a bronze or nylon brush and using a bore guide at the same time?

Only if you got a ton of time to waste. I have watched many different benchrest shooters and I can not recall ever seeing anyone unscrew a brush from their rod. these guys pull the brush back over the crown, and it must not hurt because they are still shooting screamer groups.

DIESEL TECH
11-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys this was a good read, 82boy I am going to take heed to this... Call me crazy but I have unscrewed the brush before I pull it back in the barrel lol lol..

barthmonster
12-11-2010, 02:21 PM
On brush strokes, i've read that you should only brush from the chamber to the muzzle, and then unscrew the brush, and repeat, and not to do a back and forth brushing. Does this really matter if i'm using a bronze or nylon brush and using a bore guide at the same time?

Only if you got a ton of time to waste. I have watched many different benchrest shooters and I can not recall ever seeing anyone unscrew a brush from their rod. these guys pull the brush back over the crown, and it must not hurt because they are still shooting screamer groups.

I do this but I have the purty 2" muzzle-brake with no crown in it... Which also makes it hard to look at or check my crown...

barthmonster
12-11-2010, 02:22 PM
are the hard stainless cleaning rods out of style now ?? I have one and I've used it a lot... People only use a coated rod ?