PDA

View Full Version : Red Dot on Model 99E

41rem
05-18-2022, 07:10 PM
Looking to replace my Lyman peep sight with a Burris fastfire 3 or other, does anyone have a link to mounting hardware?

Robinhood
05-18-2022, 11:23 PM
Is it tapped for scope bases? I used a rail and mounted it with a pic setup. An aimpoint was used with an american defense co witness riser. Mount it forward is best in my humble opinion.

https://www.kenfarrell.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=319

You may not need a riser with the Ken Farrell.

EGW is cheaper but out of stock. You might also look at weaver Mil spec rail.

Model24
05-18-2022, 11:41 PM
For a small ope frame red dot like the Fastfire, you might get away with the single slot Weaver #19 base (Or #14 for the rear, but I agree with Robinhood that forward is better). I have not been impressed with either the Fastfire Pic mount or the American Defense QD. I don’t know what to recommend in that regard.

Robinhood
05-18-2022, 11:45 PM
For a small ope frame red dot like the Fastfire, you might get away with the single slot Weaver #19 base (Or #14 for the rear, but I agree with Robinhood that forward is better). I have not been impressed with either the Fastfire Pic mount or the American Defense QD. I don’t know what to recommend in that regard.

I did use the single slot weaver on a 10 action blackout. Used the same Aimpont/AD combo on it. I am happy but with regards to that setup, I don't have anything to compare to.