PDA

View Full Version : LRPV action question

JSH
05-18-2022, 08:20 AM
The LRPV is a three screw action, 4.4”. Will these actions fit a 4.4” two screw stocks?

I have read yes and no. Some thing about the same screw spacing but it is moved on the action and the trigger won’t fit properly.

It seems like there is not much choice of after market stocks for the 4.4” three screw. I figured Boyd’s made them they would have them in their line up.

I now have the HS factory stock, it is a good stock but isn’t working well as a long range rig. I want a heavy rig that doesn’t move around. I have Choate’s on several others, filled the grip and butt with lead shot and they work great for the purpose.
I would do this again if everything thing fits well.
I would try a factory laminate F class or BR stock if I could find one. Factory direct are available but ridiculous priced imho.
Thanks for any help.

Robinhood
05-18-2022, 11:10 PM
I am not aware of any shift in location with the 4.4" three screw actions. My LRPV is a 3 screw but with the shorter spacing. It will not work unless I drill and tap new screw holes.

efm77
05-19-2022, 10:48 AM
I believe as long as the front and rear screw spacing is the same it should work. Just drop the center screw and you're good.

JSH
05-19-2022, 10:36 PM
I assumed, and got bit. My 6BR was in front of the 20 Vartarg, both single shots, so they are the same, NOT.
I built the 20 VT on a RBLP large shank action. I never measured and assumed it was a 4.4, because it was not a dual port or a Palma gun.
The 4.4 caused me havoc when I thought that was what I had.
The 3.4” looks even harder to find a stock for. Who makes a heavy laminate stock for the 3.4 single shot actions?

Robinhood
05-19-2022, 10:55 PM
I do not know the turnaround time but Fred Moreo of Sharp Shooter Supply makes the Laminate Varmint tactical(LVT). Once bedded.....I have really enjoyed mine.

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/