PDA

View Full Version : 375 Ruger Brushhunter with Hogue stock?

Stevo
05-07-2022, 09:31 PM
Gday Guys
Thanks for inviting me to your forum!
Ive bought a 110 Brush hunter in 375 Ruger and hav a few questions about accuracy. I’m shooting 235 gr Speer Hot Cors over 71 grains of Varget and am getting 2” groups at 100 yards
I reckon I should be getting better than that - has anyone got the action screw torque specs? Also what hogue stock will fit with the removable 3 round mag?
any feedback really appreciated as this rifle not too well known in Australia

Dave Hoback
05-07-2022, 10:51 PM
You will find a plethora of preferred Action Screw torque values. A general starting point, try 35in.lb. front, 30in.lb. rear.

efm77
05-08-2022, 07:27 AM
What Dave said. I usually go 40-50 inch pounds on mine. Maybe try tweaking your load too. That’s a pretty light bullet for the 375 but it should still do better than 2”. I’ve got a 116fcss in 375 ruger that shoots factory loads really well. As for the hogue stock, I think they just have theirs listed for the hinged floor plate, but those will fit the detachable mag too as they have the same pattern to them.

Beowoulf2000
05-09-2022, 08:03 PM
... Also what hogue stock will fit with the removable 3 round mag?...

There are two DBM designs made for the current 110-style rifles. One is the "premium" center-feed that Savage began to equip on the 110-style rifles since about 2004. The second is also center-feed and is the same design used for the Axis series. Here is an article from this forum describing the differences between the two:
https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?465-Savage-Detachable-Magazines-Axis-and-Premium

I've never examined a Brush Hunter, but from info in the article it has the Axis-style magazine. You can verify by the location of the magazine release. The "premium" style has the magazine release attached to the bottom metal; the Axis-style release is attached to the magazine itself.

According to the Hogue website, their stocks for the DBM Savages should fit both types.
https://www.hogueinc.com/stocks/savage/longaction/dbm