PDA

View Full Version : Hornady 153gr A-Tip Match.

Dave Hoback
05-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Anyone tried these these out in any .264” cartridges yet? They look promising. Hornady keeps raising the bar…and delivering at that! The 147gr ELD has been a hit. Now they’ve taken it up a notch yet again. I’m curious if this will deliver as well. I’m liking what I’m hearing on it. Consecutive batches of 100/500. The Aluminum Ballistic tips being used are actually machined. Unlike the polymer tips used in the ELD. Machining keeps them virtually perfect to each other. And then there’s the whole having a .264” bullet in the 150’s grain weight! Instant head turned for me.

charlie b
05-02-2022, 11:36 PM
If you can afford them :) Even if I liked them a lot I'd not pay that much. I have a hard time convincing myself to buy Bergers or Lapuas. I do have to admit I like the ELD series bullets with the 'plastic' tips, and they don't break the bank, actually kinda cheap.

Dave Hoback
05-03-2022, 10:33 AM
Oh no doubt. I certainly couldn’t make a habit of feeding them to my rig full time. And I certainly wouldn’t be using them for Gong duty. And there is Berger with their 153.5gr LRHT bullet. Also the machined, solid Copper Cutting Edge bullets.

I kinda want a just a small supply of “special” ammo. I guess it’s the want of the Dumb-Dumb bullets from “The Day of the Jackal”, if anyone can remember that one, LOL.