PDA

View Full Version : Heads up

hamiltonkiler
04-28-2022, 11:23 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220428/70de6480e9d8ccd03b14a275c8ca07e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie b
04-28-2022, 02:49 PM
Sounds good. Lots more ammo around here lately too, including some match stuff in some calibers.

Powder is staying on the shelf longer as well.

BEWARE: I've seen two websites now of people selling primers of all types that they say they have in stock. Payment is only with the unverifiable stuff, like bitcoin. They are scams, taking the money and never intending to ship anything. The website then disappears and another like it will pop back up. A buyer just loses their money.

Robinhood
04-28-2022, 11:46 PM
BEWARE: I've seen two websites now of people selling primers of all types that they say they have in stock. Payment is only with the unverifiable stuff, like bitcoin. They are scams, taking the money and never intending to ship anything. The website then disappears and another like it will pop back up. A buyer just loses their money.

Thanks for the warning Charlie.

charlie b
04-29-2022, 09:03 AM
recent example

http://dukesfirearms.com/product-category/primers/

wbm
04-29-2022, 02:12 PM
I was living 50 miles away from the Norma Shooting store in Savannah this winter and kept it to myself.

charlie b
04-29-2022, 06:01 PM
Almost worth it just to get the primers.

Our local Sportsmans has some 7.62NATO brass that is already primed (and check headstamp). I will have to look at the price to see if it is worth it. Still have a few thousand primers so not up against a wall yet.

Mr.Snerdly
05-02-2022, 08:43 AM
I can't believe we still can't get primers. Several months ago MidwayUSA had some small rifle primers and I did manage to get 1000 but they were soon sold out and nothing since then, at least not that I know of. It is getting ridiculous. The most popular powders are also unavailable, although there are some available that aren't your first or even second choice but will work in my calibers.

charlie b
05-02-2022, 09:33 AM
There are still a ton of 'preppers' out there buying primers, as well as 'flippers' out to make money. The shortage will continue until those two groups settle down a bit, which probably won't happen as long as the world is in turmoil.

tomme boy
05-09-2022, 10:13 PM
Bots set up to find reloading components in stock and buy them the instant they become available to be able to flip them. From a friend that is an IT and programmer that also reloads.