PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage Cub

Samdweezel05
11-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Just want to hear of any experience some members might have with this youth .22. It will be a first rifle so I don't really want to make it a bad experience with a not so good rifle. Not really looking for super accurate but it needs to be a solid firearm. We can deal with better accuracy down the road if he takes to shooting.

Bearcat 74
12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
My nephew has a Savage Cub, a newer one with the accutrigger. It is drilled and tapped but we have left the peeps on for now. I really wasn't expecting much from a "little" .22, boy was I wrong. Flawless function and great accuracy from several different types of ammo. With the factory peeps hitting the 2" and 3" spinners is pretty consistent for me out to 50yds.

Maj Tom
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
I wanted a good .22 and after some research the cube is what I decided was the best for my application. I bought one early this fall for my 6 year old grand daughter. It is a joy for her to shoot. I have to work the bolt for her but other than that it is great. It is accurate! She nails the spinners all the time. I've shot some very tight groups with it using both shorts and long rifle. I use it with .22 shorts for squirrels. A+ in my book.