PDA

View Full Version : Putting a bottom bolt release action in a stock made for top bolt release

CO_west
04-27-2022, 06:04 PM
I have a Savage Trophy Hunter that I'd like to throw into an accustock. I know that the recoil lug will need to be replaced/modified as well as the bottom metal.

What sort of modifications would it take to make an accustock for a top bolt release action work for a bottom bolt release? I don't own any top bolt release Savages so I can't compare.

Robinhood
04-28-2022, 11:44 PM
You may have zero clearance issues. Bolt it in and see if you can depress the release and test the trigger. Worst case you use a magic marker and cover the inlet. Put it together and see i\where the rub is and remove material. I bet with a little dedication you can handle any contact that may impede the function. Process of elimination works well.

Dave Hoback
04-29-2022, 02:28 AM
Indeed. I agree with Robin. We’ve been through enough “puttin’ this in that & that in this”, that pretty much anything will work. Just the amount of fit’n and/or fabrication may be involved.

For the BBR, likely just a bit of inletting. Just go slow. Test fit, look for the hang-up, remove a bit of material with a file & repeat.