PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Georgia. New Savage owner

emerilnut
04-07-2022, 10:23 AM
Hello, everyone.

Long time shooter, new to Savages here.

Been a shooter since the mid-90's. IDPA shooter for the last 12 years, dabbled in AR's and built both of the ones I own. Even have a bullpup, which is fun as hell.

I woke up a few months ago with the itch to add a bolt action to the mix. So now I'm the proud owner of a 110 Tactical left-hand in .308! Took it out only once so far to break in the barrel and sight in the scope. Looking forward to many years with it. I chose the Savage over everything else after doing a ton of research on the other brands.

I wanted a "do-it-all" bolt gun in a versatile caliber to plink at my gun club, maybe dabble in some precision long range, and have a good caliber for when I get invited on hunts. I hope I made the right choice.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here, and I'm glad there's a forum specific to this brand.

drybean
04-07-2022, 10:34 AM
Welcome aboard

Dave Hoback
04-07-2022, 12:34 PM
Welcome. You chose just fine. 308Win is solid. But even if you’ve decided you’re bored with it, very easy to rebarrel to another cartridge. You can easily to this on your own. And once you do, you become a BONAFIDE “Savage Smith”! :surprise: There are a rife multitude of Savage Smiths here, with several of us also being regular Gunsmiths/builders and/or machinists.

emerilnut
04-07-2022, 01:57 PM
Thank you for the welcome

ragsflh
04-08-2022, 08:20 AM
welcome

GaCop
04-20-2022, 06:53 AM
Welcome from middle Georgia.

emerilnut
04-27-2022, 06:24 AM
Thanks, guys.