PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 LA from center feed to stagger feed question

tjf76
11-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I have a nice wood stock for a 110/200 LA that a friend made for me that I would like to use on a Stevens 200 in 270. The problem is my stevens is a center feed but the stock is a stagger feed. Is this a easy fix?

Thanks

hailstone
11-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Depends upon how handy you are doing relative simple wood work. I made a wood spacer to insert at the front of the stock mag well taking up fore/aft movement. Sometimes side spacers are also necessary but my stock didn't need them. Some wood must be removed at the rear action bolt for the "L" clip that holds the blind magazine rear secure. That's all the work necessary changing from stagger to center feed.

tjf76
11-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Depends upon how handy you are doing relative simple wood work. I made a wood spacer to insert at the front of the stock mag well taking up fore/aft movement. Sometimes side spacers are also necessary but my stock didn't need them. Some wood must be removed at the rear action bolt for the "L" clip that holds the blind magazine rear secure. That's all the work necessary changing from stagger to center feed.

I think I can handle that! Thanks for the info