PDA

View Full Version : Action Screws

Highbrass
03-30-2022, 10:09 PM
This is one of those questions someone will know the answer to right away... Maybe
So I bought a new Houge chasis overmold stock....well because the factory stock sucks lug nuts.
I have the front & rear action screws. Hogue included a different front screw and it was used because the original front screw was a bit too long.
And all is good to this point.
its the 3rd screw I question...You know that wood screw ? Or the long skinny ?
I cant seem to find that one ....bbbbbuut i have a hole in the tang right behind the safety. It seems like it might line up with that little screw ?
was there another type besides the wood screw?
Am I imagining things?
Does this forum move at the speed of sloth ?

HeLP ..

Highbrass
03-31-2022, 12:34 PM
That is amazing. This forum has ZERO movement for 2 weeks. I ask a simple question ..BAM 4 new posts in the span of 10 hours ...��

Fuj'
03-31-2022, 04:21 PM
This is one of those questions someone will know the answer to right away... Maybe
So I bought a new Houge chasis overmold stock....well because the factory stock sucks lug nuts.
I have the front & rear action screws. Hogue included a different front screw and it was used because the original front screw was a bit too long.
And all is good to this point.
its the 3rd screw I question...You know that wood screw ? Or the long skinny ?
I cant seem to find that one ....bbbbbuut i have a hole in the tang right behind the safety. It seems like it might line up with that little screw ?
was there another type besides the wood screw?

HeLP ..

How about a pic or two. What action ?? Your references are kind of vague. I think
most have not commented (over 100 views) with a lack of knowing what you have,
action wise. When I first read it, you mentioned a third screw. That tells me you have
a 3 screw target action. But maybe you don't ?? So some pics and what Savage rifle
you have can get everyone started.

JW
04-01-2022, 06:03 AM
If I am understanding correctly: the wood screw you mentioned is for the rear hole in the trigger guard.
It will be 1/2 to 3/4 inches long and only screws into the stock.
Do not over tighten as it will strip out the plastic or wood.
I hope this helps.
Jack

Robinhood
04-04-2022, 07:42 PM
If I am understanding correctly: the wood screw you mentioned is for the rear hole in the trigger guard.
It will be 1/2 to 3/4 inches long and only screws into the stock.
Do not over tighten as it will strip out the plastic or wood.
I hope this helps.
Jack

This^. There are 3 screws on a standard Savage action. 2 are action screws that are 1/4-28 and 1 wood or plastic screw that goes in the rear trigger gard hole as JW mentioned.

Dave Hoback
04-04-2022, 08:24 PM
I already PM’d & spoke with Highbrass. I knew exactly what he was talking about the second I read this weeks ago. It’s the hole for the RED plastic “FIRE” indicator button.