PDA

View Full Version : Trigger spring upgrade.

KMW1954
03-25-2022, 10:51 PM
While looking for parts for my Model 10 bolt I was on Gun Shack site and also found a replacement trigger spring for the Savage bolt rifles. Advertised as Stock Savage Target Spring. So I took a chance and ordered 2 of them along with the Ejector Kit for the bolt.

They came in and after repairing the ejector I pulled the receiver and replaced the spring. Pretty easy replacement. I then was able to already shoot this with the new spring and all I can say is Out Standing! I wish I would have done this 10 weeks ago before our winter rifle league started. Immediately seen a reduction in group size because of lower spring pressure which lent to better trigger control.

Robinhood
03-26-2022, 05:14 PM
Awesome! Light triggers are not great for hunting especially in cold weather but really good for tight groups

KMW1954
03-26-2022, 08:26 PM
Awesome! Light triggers are not great for hunting especially in cold weather but really good for tight groups

This rifle is used just as a short 100-300yd target gun from a bipod and bench. So the softer trigger is a nice addition.

Robinhood
03-27-2022, 06:18 PM
Congratulations on the improvement! Find some shims to remove some of the slop and it will even be a better feel. Clean the burrs off of the inside of the hanger with a small or jewlers file and make sure the trigger swings freely without any bind.