PDA

View Full Version : Help me order the correct stock for a new target action

bridgeport
03-23-2022, 12:01 AM
Am buying a target action .308 bolt face, right bolt Left port, 4.41 screw spacing, single shot. My goal is to match the LRPV factory build. I'm guessing the LRPV stock that HS precision offers is the correct stock? Stockys stocks has what they call a model 10/12 single shot 3 screw stock, is this the same as the LRPV stock? This is my first Savage build, so any knowledgeable input would be appreciated. Don't want to buy the wrong stock.

Regards, Bridgeport

JW
03-23-2022, 05:58 AM
If you have the action now, it will be easier to order since you will know bolt spacing and screw number.
If you do not have the action, I would wait until it came in.
I have HS Precision stocks on a few, there are definitely a lot of deferent models
Jack

bridgeport
03-23-2022, 08:30 AM
If you have the action now, it will be easier to order since you will know bolt spacing and screw number.
If you do not have the action, I would wait until it came in.
I have HS Precision stocks on a few, there are definitely a lot of deferent models
Jack
This is what I am learning to be the case, better to have the action in hand to be sure. Thanks Jack.

Zargon123
03-24-2022, 01:21 PM
I'd keep an eye out for a nice used Savage HS Precision stock. They come up pretty often on several sites.

bridgeport
03-24-2022, 09:42 PM
Thanks Zargon, I found out which stock I needed and bought it on Sale from Stockys stocks, even got my preferred color scheme. Now I need to choose which cartridge to build it in, and I'm off to the races.

Zargon123
03-24-2022, 10:40 PM
That's awesome that you found a stock on sale that you like. A 300 wsm is a great cartridge for the target action.

bridgeport
03-25-2022, 05:32 PM
That's awesome that you found a stock on sale that you like. A 300 wsm is a great cartridge for the target action.

Those WSM's are pretty cool. I ran a 7RSAUM a ways back and it is a solid cartridge right along with .300. For this build, I'm thinking something more along the lines of 6 GT or .22 BR, small and in an LRPV type build, very low recoil.