PDA

View Full Version : barrel swapping liability

leather5to1
11-28-2010, 02:31 AM
I can't help but wonder how does everybody here handle the liability that arise when you change your own barrels. I have rebarreled a couple of savages and have the utmost confidence in my installation techniques. But if I had to, or my family needed to sell a rifle I rebarreled do I need to take it to a gunsmith to have it checked out prior to a sale to cover myself? If this topic has been brought up I am sorry, I searched but couldn't find anything.

KRP
11-28-2010, 04:14 AM
Sell it like a used car, as is/where is. You could get sued for many things. You could shoot your kid(s) then sue Remington. If you're too worried...don't sell it.

thirty06
11-28-2010, 12:45 PM
If your that worried about it just take them back apart and sell parts.

Blue Avenger
11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't even think about it. much less worry.

leather5to1
11-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm just curious, thats all. I don't like selling guns to begin with. Just want some opinions.

Hammer
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM

There is a depository in the Rocky Mountains that takes Savage rifles and rifle components to assure the former owner that no bad thing can happen with their former guns or gun parts.

There is a small one time fee of $100 per gun or gun part plus shipping cost for this depository fee.

This service is also available for Nightforce scopes, Sierra Matchkings, Hornady VMAX, 16 gauge shotguns, S-class Mercedes, any large block V8 powered vehicle which uses leaded 100 octane, Mooney aircraft, etc.

leather5to1
11-28-2010, 07:08 PM

There is a depository in the Rocky Mountains that takes Savage rifles and rifle components to assure the former owner that no bad thing can happen with their former guns or gun parts.

There is a small one time fee of $100 per gun or gun part plus shipping cost for this depository fee.

This service is also available for Nightforce scopes, Sierra Matchkings, Hornady VMAX, 16 gauge shotguns, S-class Mercedes, any large block V8 powered vehicle which uses leaded 100 octane, Mooney aircraft, etc.

:)

82boy
11-28-2010, 08:03 PM

I heard they was waiving the one time fee of $100 dollars for Christmas, but you had to see everything you wanted deposited before Christmas day.

CJ in WY
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM

Now that right there is funny!

If your worried about it turn the barrel off for shipping and let them reset it.....something I do with every savage I buy anyway.