PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 LRH 7mm rem Mag issues

guitarman1562
03-16-2022, 08:29 AM
I wanted to see if anyone has had issues firing nickel cases or Hornady GMX bullets from their savage. I was shooting Hornady GMX outfitter ammo and blowing primers. I sent the ammo to Hornady and they said it was right in line with their standards. Savage told me to not use that ammo for some reason. I then went to shoot my normal 162 ELDX and was getting misfires so something happened as this had never happened before. I ended up shipping rifle to Savage and they replaced bolt head and cleaned it.

My question is does nickel cases or GMX bullets cause issues in Savages with pressure? I’ve shot Barnes LRX no problem at all. I’m wanting to try the new Hornady CX bullet and am wondering if this will have same issues. Any feedback or experience would be greatly appreciated as I want to be able to shoot mono bullets and am losing confidence in this rifle. Having misfires is concerning and I’m not a gunsmith at all so is a little overwhelming as well.

This rifle is a Tac driver shoots 1/2 inch or below average.

Thanks!

wbm
03-16-2022, 10:31 AM
My question is does nickel cases or GMX bullets cause issues in Savages with pressure?

Yes. Hornady GMX Outfitter ammunition causes issues in your Savage. Don't shoot it!!

Savage told me to not use that ammo for some reason.

I'm thinking that "the some reason" Savage told you that is cause you told them it was blowing primers.

Just sayin. :cool:

Blue Avenger
03-16-2022, 08:21 PM
150 gr GMX will use 1 grain less powder to get the same speed as the 150 ELDX