PDA

View Full Version : B series magazines

fv22
03-10-2022, 04:13 PM
I recently purchased a B22 Precision and want to get a few more magazines. Everywhere I look I see A22 magazines but no B22's. From the pictures I've seen online they look identical. Are they the same, does the magazine sold as for the A22 also fit the B22?
Thanks for any info!

Fasteddie01
03-10-2022, 07:08 PM
Hi FV - Yes, they are the same. ;) I have both guns, bought the B22 FV first, then got a deal on a used A22 last Fall. I have 5 of the 10-rnd mags and 2x 25-rnd mags. They are all interchangeable. The 25s have a button on the side to aid loading, and if you 'un-wind' the spring of the 10-rnd just a bit (carefully) they're much easier to load. I made an 8-second vid (my only one) of me loading one-handed. :rolleyes: So much for the people who are complaining they're "Too hard to load" !
http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FxNO353nNE
BTW, I had to 'heat' the main T-spring and let it cool slowly to reduce trigger pull in the B22. From ca 4-5# down to 1.4# in my B22 and a hair over 2# in the A, by putting in a Varmint spring from Gunshack. You may not need that for the Precision. My B got a full-house polish job of all the internals, too.
Good luck,
Ed

fv22
03-10-2022, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info Fasteddie01. I figured they were interchangeable but wanted to be sure before I ordered. I've seen complaints about loading the mags but I don't find them hard at all. All my handguns and AR's are harder.

I wouldn't touch the trigger on the B22 Precision, it's very nice. Other than a Timney I've never felt a better one. I'm sure there are some, but I never felt a better trigger stock from the factory. I had planned on adjusting it as soon as I got it but decided to wait until after I shot it. Glad I did because I was very happy with it as is and will not touch it.