PDA

View Full Version : MPI custom stocks?

Newtosavage
03-09-2022, 03:50 PM
Anyone have one for their Savage action?

MPI is one of the very few, if only, lightweight custom stock maker who inlets for Savage actions.

I know some here will balk at the cost per ounce saved, but for a high elevation mountain hunter like myself, ounces matter. I'm happy with the standard (new) Savage tupperware stocks. I think they are a huge improvement over the old ones. But after owning a Bansner lightweight stock on a Howa Alpine rifle years ago, I know what the value of a quality lightweight custom stock is to me.

So if anyone here has bitten the bullet and had MPI make a stock for your Savage, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

Newtosavage
03-11-2022, 01:22 PM
That many people eh? MPI must be overwhelmed with orders for Savage inlets. LOL

Robinhood
03-11-2022, 05:35 PM
Hey Newtosavage. An uncle of mine had a Model 7 in one of those. He bought it used. It felt good in the hand but I don't remember the model.

sharpshooter
03-11-2022, 07:24 PM
I bought 3 of them years ago, because they gave a discount. I should have just got one to check it out...They were complete garbage.

Newtosavage
03-12-2022, 02:57 PM
I bought 3 of them years ago, because they gave a discount. I should have just got one to check it out...They were complete garbage.

How exactly? Did you get an unfinished one to save $?