PDA

View Full Version : 10 BA Stealth Mag Issue

flyboy126
03-08-2022, 05:50 PM
Hello,
I have had this 10 BA Stealth for a number of years now and since the beginning it has had this issue where if there is more than 5 rounds in the mag it will drop when fired. I'm an experienced shooter and I am certain the mag is seated. The stock mag would have trouble with the bolt picking up the next round as well. I am now using P Mags which fixed the feeding issue but they too will fall out if there is more than 5 rounds loaded. The spring on the mag latch feels weak to me. It isn't broken but I just think it should be stronger. The mag has more "play" than I've ever dealt with on any other weapon I've had. I'm considering grinding a little slot below the nub on the mag to see if the latch will seat a little deeper and not allow it to fall out. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas?

NF1E
03-08-2022, 08:55 PM
No trouble with any of the MDT mags in mine. Nice tight lockup and perfect feeding.

flyboy126
03-08-2022, 09:22 PM
No trouble with any of the MDT mags in mine. Nice tight lockup and perfect feeding.

Awesome I'll try that thank you!!

justascout
03-09-2022, 04:03 AM
I had similar as well as chambering issues with the MDT. I switched to Magpul AICS style and those problems have gone away. I’m very unimpressed with the MDT mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wbm
03-09-2022, 08:20 AM
I switched to Magpul AICS style and those problems have gone away.

+1

flyboy126
03-09-2022, 02:53 PM
I had similar as well as chambering issues with the MDT. I switched to Magpul AICS style and those problems have gone away. I’m very unimpressed with the MDT mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you. I haven't tried MDT yet but I do have the Magpuls. I took one of them last night and ground a small slot below the nub on the mag. It seems to fit much tighter, I'm going to shoot it this weekend and see if I have better luck. I'll keep y'all posted. I really wish there was a spring upgrade for this rifle.

flyboy126
06-05-2022, 05:31 PM
So grinding a little channel right below the locking "nub" on all my mags did the trick. The fit nice and tight now, feed correctly and most importantly, don't fall out when fired!

Robinhood
06-06-2022, 05:45 PM
Good job Flyboy. Hopefully others will gain from your ingenuity. One more thing for the mental archive.

Dave Hoback
06-06-2022, 09:31 PM
I agree. Always good hearing modification success.