PDA

View Full Version : Help with Stevens 200 SA SF w/AICS mags

motonick34
03-07-2022, 03:11 PM
Hello all! I'm building a chassis of my own design for a beater Stevens 200 staggered I have laying around. I have most of the chassis squared away except the mag well. I don't have a chassis with removable mags to go off of.

I have dimensions for the mag well down, but now that my Magpul 10rd aics pattern mag showed up I'm noticing a couple issues.

First is that the rounds sit too far back in the mag so the bolt won't go back far enough to get behind the round. To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) this is corrected by either installing a long action bolt baffle or trimming the leg on the short action bolt baffle.

That aside, with the mag all the way up resting on the flat on the bottom side of the receiver, the feed lips are very high (too high for the bolt to pass by).

The mags ARE meant to seat against the bottom of the receiver aren't they? If not, the chassis would have to have a lip to stop the mags and that doesn't seem right.

I don't know if this is an issue with the Magpul mag or am I overlooking something? I don't have a picture yet of the issue. I will get a picture of it tonight.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RLXBPAQ6JErYSQj29

motonick34
03-07-2022, 03:15 PM

mnbogboy2
03-07-2022, 10:52 PM
Hello all! I'm building a chassis of my own design for a beater Stevens 200 staggered I have laying around. I have most of the chassis squared away except the mag well. I don't have a chassis with removable mags to go off of.

I have dimensions for the mag well down, but now that my Magpul 10rd aics pattern mag showed up I'm noticing a couple issues.

First is that the rounds sit too far back in the mag so the bolt won't go back far enough to get behind the round. To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) this is corrected by either installing a long action bolt baffle or trimming the leg on the short action bolt baffle.

That aside, with the mag all the way up resting on the flat on the bottom side of the receiver, the feed lips are very high (too high for the bolt to pass by).

The mags ARE meant to seat against the bottom of the receiver aren't they? If not, the chassis would have to have a lip to stop the mags and that doesn't seem right.

I don't know if this is an issue with the Magpul mag or am I overlooking something? I don't have a picture yet of the issue. I will get a picture of it tonight.

There is a u'tubevideoofsomeonesettig bottom metal for an aics mag ontheeeb. I founditsearching for savage long action bottom metal installation

motonick34
03-08-2022, 12:54 AM
I've done alot of searching and I have yet to find a video showing how the mag seats in the chassis. Do you happen to know the title of said video?

motonick34
03-08-2022, 01:21 AM
Ok spent quite a while doing some more searching and by the looks of it, the mag catch on the mag actually stops the mag before it bottoms out on the receiver. Looks like I need to modify my mag well.