PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Old StarPacker
03-05-2022, 11:13 PM
My name's Old StarPacker and as the name implies I'm a retired deputy sheriff from California. After being retired for 90 days my late wife threw the LA Times at me (all 144 pages) and told me to find a job and get out of the house (and I suspect her hair). Having a BS in education I found a teaching job and taught elementary school for 17 years. After my wife died I remarried and moved to east Tennessee. My current wife fully supports my hobby and outshoots me any day of the week with her 20 gauge Winchester model 12. I like to hunt any upland game including ducks but have not found a hunting partner or available land since moving to Tennessee. I regularly hunted dove and quail in California and bagged a couple of antelopes in Wyoming. I was on the pistol team at my old department using a S&W model 14. I carried a four-inch S&W 66 no dash on duty until the transition to autos in the late 80's. I carry concealed every day. I started reloading with a Lee Loader for an old unmodified 7MM Spanish Mauser I had as a teen and I still have both. I reload for too many calibers even for a retired guy. I have 11 Savage 99's in .22 Hi Power, .250-3000, .300 Savage, .303 Savage and .358 Win. and in several configurations including a fish belly stock on one of the .250-3000's. I joined to inquire about an odd-looking carbine in .303 with an equally old Weaver model 330 scope that I acquired in an estate sale. It shoots very well.
Best wishes to all.
Mike

Blue Avenger
03-06-2022, 11:16 AM
Cal to Tenn, that's a cultural change. :welcome:
some guys in the vintage section that like the 99 also