PDA

View Full Version : low cost bino's

boomer92266
03-03-2022, 08:55 PM
I know I will get the save more answers but it's not an option at this point. I am on a fixed income and I have just $70 saved for a pair of binoculars. What would be a good buy?, I see a lot on sites but wanted ya'll opinion. Recently I bought a Bushnell scope on sale at Natchez and they had bino's but I don't know a lot about optics. The Tasco off shore 8x25 were 77% off at just $14 but never owned any, others were on sale too but those Tasco's caught my eye because they were a big savings and water-fog proof. I would like 8 power and no larger than 32mm or smaller than 25mm as I have neck trouble and can't carry heavy bino's. Thanks for any help.

Blue Avenger
03-03-2022, 09:51 PM
at that price, perfect starter set! even if your slightly disappointed in distance clarity your not out enough to cry long.

Smokey262
03-03-2022, 11:19 PM
8 power with 25mm objective lenses would be nearly useless in all but the brightest days and would be hard to use. This is right where you should be at that price point. https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-8244-ACULON-Binocular-Black/dp/B00B7LQ5ZK

boomer92266
03-08-2022, 04:40 PM
UPDATE: I found some Nikon trailblazer 8x25 at my local store and they weren't that good at the late evening when I was there. Matter of fact they had a pair of those Tasco offshore 8x25 that was better trhan the Nikon's which surprised me, both were water and fog proof. A friend of mine came in while I was looking and said he had a new extra pair of bino's that he would sell me at a good price. He already has a lot of binoculars and most are in the mid range price point out of my pocket area. I left and went to his house and he brought them out, they were still new in box and he said he thought since I like smaller bino's that these would fit me. They were Nikon Prostaff 7S 8x30, first thing I thought was I can't afford these but he asked what I had to spend and I said $70. He said throw in a box of 308 ammo and they are yours.https://www.thehighroad.org/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/shocker.gif He said I have gave hime great deals in the past and he wanted to help me this time. Thanks everyone for your help.

boomer92266
03-09-2022, 09:18 PM
With my problem solved, do any of ya'll have experience with Nikon Pro Staff 7S 8x30's? I have looked online but it's better for me to here it from who I know are real people. thanks