PDA

View Full Version : Another Co.offering prefits

WM Smith
03-02-2022, 09:06 PM
Anyone ever hear of this Co.?? Says he uses Wilson blanks, anyone ever have any experience with Wilson barrels ?

Blue Avenger
03-03-2022, 09:49 PM
They have been around many years and have a following in high end builders

mnbogboy2
03-04-2022, 08:50 PM
I bought a used shouldered barrel off ebay from a well known prefot guy who uses wilson barrels. The chamberwas poorlydonewith nofreebore or lead angle! The rifling actuallyreached the case mouth. Thewilson barrel was verysmooth andeasy toclean. I headspaceditandputitona remington 700 on a monday and shot53 brake in shots duringtheweek. On saturdayiusedit on our hunting opener! Shot54 killed one of my largestwhitetail bucks. The caliber was6.5-06.
I am in the process of replacing this barrel with a home built remage! Also I am contemplating setting the Wilson back and rechambering it to 6 .5 creedmoor! I like the Wilson because of the ease of cleaning. It was full of copper when recieved it!, presumably from break- in or proof testing. Cantwaitto see how it shoots@asa creedmoor.n

geezerhood
03-08-2022, 11:41 AM
I don't see the name of the company listed, just the brand of barrel blanks they use................

gbflyer
03-08-2022, 12:05 PM
I have several Wilson barrels in .264, .308, and .358. I order them from John at Ragged Hole. I get the contoured blanks. I’ve found them to be good quality for a low budget barrel. The story is that it’s the same barrel Cooper puts on their rifles. The .264 I own in his lightweight contour is exceptional. He responds and gets things shipped out quickly. He does prefits also, I have no experience with his work.

WM Smith
03-08-2022, 03:12 PM
I don't see the name of the company listed, just the brand of barrel blanks they use................
I must have had a brain fart on my first post.

https://theurbanriflemanstore.com/savage-small-shank-prefit-barrel-heavy-varmint/

(https://theurbanriflemanstore.com/savage-small-shank-prefit-barrel-heavy-varmint/)

PhilC
03-09-2022, 10:44 AM
He's an active and respected supporting member on Accurate Shooter forum, trade with confidence.

HammerDown
03-13-2022, 01:41 AM
If UrbanRifleman has the chambering, profile and twist you need, I would not hesitate to use hhis services.