PDA

View Full Version : Clearance Burris XTR 3

want2ride
03-02-2022, 06:00 PM
Just a FYI, Burris is slightly changing their XTR3 scope, and changing the factory that it is made in, so they are being clearanced all of the old non illuminated XTR3's that they have left.
Asking price was about 1700-1800 bucks and they were on sale now and then for $1500 or so, but they are selling the remaining nonilluminated stock for $1000 for the 3.3-18x50 (all reticles) and $1100 for the 5.5-30x56 SCR.

I am pretty excited about ordering the 5.5-30. Made in the USA with Japanese glass!!!

They are being sold at cameralandny.com and i think somewhere else, but i ordered through them.

Robinhood
03-05-2022, 09:25 PM
They will sell like hotcakes when someone breaks the news on snipers hide. I am waiting on the Pro.

want2ride
03-13-2022, 11:15 AM
They will sell like hotcakes when someone breaks the news on snipers hide. I am waiting on the Pro.
That PRO looks really interesting!

Looks like UPS delivers mine tomorrow!

want2ride
03-18-2022, 06:56 PM
OK, The day before yesterday i did my first shooting of the spring and i had a couple rifles to sight in. I threw the XTR3 on a Savage 7mm Rem Mag that has a nice proof carbon barrel on it (it started life as a 10T 300 Win Mag). I got it on target at 20 yards and realized, holy cow the parallax goes down to 20 yards. I am so not used to having a rifle that actually is crystal clear that close. The day is starting off really nice! It is really hard to notice just how good a scope is unless you have a direct comparison and that really isn't the strong point of the group that i had. Lets just say that it wasn't exactly my best scopes out that day, but here goesi had a Bushnell Trophy extreme 4-12x42 (i think, it is my brother's and it was two days ago), a SWFA 10x MilQuad, and a Zeiss V4 Conquest 4-16x44. while these scopes aren't terrible, i did realize that even the Zeiss V4 wasn't even close to being in the same league, yeah i know, the Zeiss is a $1000 scope and the Burris is a $1800 scope, so it isn't surprising. BUT, the difference was even more that i would have thought. I was surprised that my brother's Bushnell Trophy X-treme was brighter and better resolution than the SWFA. I have had that SWFA for a decade and the glass has never been great, but that is not what has made them legendary.

On a side note, i had the Zeiss on a different rifle, and i had just moved it to the Savage Ultralite 6.5 Creedmoor and at 100 yards the first shot down the barrel ever was only 2" left of the bulls eye. So with the 2nd to 4th shots ever down the barrel i put up a 1" group with a load worked up for my buddy's rifle(130 gr Gamechanger and 46 grains of Staball 6.5), and the 5th to 7th shots were a slightly different load that measured 3/4" (130 grain Gamechanger and 46.5 gr of Sta-Ball 6.5). Needless to say, i am pretty happy.