PDA

View Full Version : scope difference?

boomer92266
02-26-2022, 09:26 PM
I have a question on a scope I was gonna get since it was such a good deal and keep it put back till my next gun purchase. On the natchez shooters supply site there are two models of Bushnell Banner 3-9x40, one says 3-9x40 multi x black matte clam and the other says 3-9x40 multi x black matte clam sb. what would the sb mean? I think clam means clam pack but have no idea about sb. There are a 30 dollar difference in price and it's the same brand and model except one has sb after clam. thanks

Dave Hoback
02-27-2022, 12:09 AM
It’s the same part number. So it’s something internal for Nachez. Like a Demo or something perhaps. It’s on many of the Bushnell scopes there. But there is nothing on Bushnell’s website. Maybe it stands for “Shipped Back”, like a return, LOL!

Other items were also labeled “SB”...Binoculars, spotting scopes, red dots, etc.

boomer92266
02-28-2022, 09:44 AM
I finally got a hold of Natchez, glad I went a head and placed the order yesterday so it will ship today. Different boxes or packaging is all there is. I was told they buy in huge vollume sometimes when larger retailers fail to purchase an order from a vendor and they pass the savings on to the customer but everything is brand new and the same item just different packaging. In this case the cheaper scope is in a clam pack with a box type over package. My order invoice form says Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 multi x soft box clam. Thanks

Dave Hoback
02-28-2022, 01:44 PM
Yeah, they are Demo scopes. The ones out for display by retailers. That’s all.

boomer92266
03-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Yeah, they are Demo scopes. The ones out for display by retailers. That’s all.
No they weren't demo's. Well the order arrived and the scope is in a factory sealed box and looks to be the same scope I paid $100 for at my local store. It was not a plastic clam, B must have ment box don't know what S stood for. But they also sent me at no charge 2 sets of Weaver scope cleaning cloths, 4 total, so I now wished I had bought another scope but I only have one centerfire rifle so I guess 1 extra scope will be ok. thanks