PDA

View Full Version : 110 Elite Precision 338 LM--> 338 LM AI... recommendations

savageboy
02-23-2022, 06:10 PM
Hello,

First post in a while, I am picking up a 110 Elite Precision in 338 Lapua Mag and prior to shooting it, I'd like to get it rechambered to 338 LM AI...(yes Im a glutton for punishment- for where I shoot- out to 3000 yd it's worth it for me).

Anyways, I can pull and reheadspace the barrel. Can ya'll recommend anyone you'd trust with your baby if it was you?

Best Regards,

Bob

Blue Avenger
02-23-2022, 07:00 PM
Mac's gunworks would be one choice. Wy
Apache machine is another. Nc
Jon Beanland. Ok
Sharp shooter supply. Oh

4 Machinist's before gun smiths off the top of my head. my Favorite mostly retired and is booked a year out

savageboy
02-23-2022, 07:58 PM
Thank you, Sir!! I'll check them out

Just wanting to make sure I understand you, would you send your bbl to any/ all of these to be AI'd?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Bob

celltech
02-23-2022, 08:05 PM
I think I would rather get a new barrel spun up and sell off the OEM...

Blue Avenger
02-23-2022, 08:38 PM
Thank you, Sir!! I'll check them out

Just wanting to make sure I understand you, would you send your bbl to any/ all of these to be AI'd?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Bob

would trust any one of them

Dave Hoback
02-23-2022, 09:17 PM
I’d do it for the cost of the Reamer rental had I a proper lathe in my work room. LOL..

You can use our resident Savage expert here, Fred (sharpshooter) He owns & runs Sharp Shooter Supply, and by all accounts here, does great work. It’s pretty easy to go to AI regardless. I’m sorry panning the same thing on next rebarrel, 260 to 260AI.

savageboy
02-23-2022, 11:31 PM
Lol... I loved my 260 AI, but got into F class... I built a "sniper rig" too lite to be heavy and too heavy to be lite... I bagged it after even winning relays-maybe 1 out of 3 , built a bad ass purpose build 6 BRX- 20.5 lb etc but I got bored with shooting holes in paper and moved to ERL steel ....

I did a 28" Shilen for the 260 AI & had it throated for eld bullets and it did great back then...

Anyways, I'll reach out to Fred. I got the stock, trued action, evo trigger, did the oversized fluted PTG bolt, had gretan bush it, etc. and did amazing with my $1900 Crappy Savage back when the $4500 customs were all the rage in F class.. It was kind of fun!