PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie

Ajwatts88
02-22-2022, 09:25 PM
Hello all, not new to forum as I have used it to find info on parts but now looking to get a little more into it. I have a model 16 lightweight hunter in 6.5 creed and I’m not liking the thin barrel and flimsy stock. My question is how easy are the barrels to change and what all do I need to to change one? I’ve seen the prefit barrels and can get a deal on a new proof carbon fiber barrel to keep it light. Also how would I go about getting a stock to fit the larger barrel diameter? Keeping the detachable magazine doesn’t matter me. Thanks in advance on any words of wisdom.

Dave Hoback
02-23-2022, 11:52 AM
Welcome. You want to ask these questions in the 110 series Forum here. But I’ll answer since you asked. You need at the very least, an Action & Barrel nut wrench set. And a Go Gauge to set headspace. There are many options in stocks. Boyd’s is popular for the affordability and they make a decent product. There are also many Chassis’ to choose from. Barrels are either Small(aka: Regular) or Large Shank. Besides that, stocks are fit by Long or Short Action, Blind mag or Detachable mag with bottom metal, and Top or Bottom bolt release.

ragsflh
02-23-2022, 12:10 PM
welcome aboard

GaCop
02-24-2022, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the group.

drybean
02-24-2022, 10:29 AM
Welcome aboard

Ajwatts88
02-24-2022, 09:51 PM
Thanks. I will transfer my post over.