PDA

View Full Version : Model 64 Trigger Broke - Need Help Sourcing Replacement Part

minuteman
02-21-2022, 05:56 PM
Greetings,

While disassembling my Savage 64F for the first time, the trigger somehow broke in half at the pin hole. I'm not having much luck at sourcing a replacement trigger online. Thus far, only Gunpartscorp seems to carry this part (#991940A) and they are out of stock at the moment. I found listings on Ebay for certain unrelated parts as well as the the entire trigger group, but am only in need of replacing the trigger. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Fasteddie01
02-21-2022, 08:13 PM
Hi - I looked over net incl Canada (where I'm at) and looks like the only ones would cost about $50 to get to you, if the vendor would ship to USA (firearms parts often won't go). Your best bet is to contact Savage - if this is relatively new, they may just send you one. I had 3 mags that all wore out (soft lips :rolleyes: ) within a year or so, and Savage sent me 3 Brand new ones !!! They're usually pretty good about small stuff like that . . . but telephone ! an email may not get answered for a long time. In the meantime, if you or a bud have some skills you might make one out of a piece of steel with a file and hacksaw- seriously. Lots can be 'fixed' at home :eek:
Ed

minuteman
02-23-2022, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I ended up calling Savage. They would not mail the trigger or trigger group to me directly, but said I could send the whole rifle back to them for repair which is what I did. I hope to get it back soon and working properly. It shoots surprisingly well for an inexpensive rifle.

Fasteddie01
02-23-2022, 11:24 PM
I'm glad they're helping you, tho it'd be better if they just sent a trigger. I guess they're 'lawyering up' for liability probs if you cut yourself :rolleyes:.
When you get it back, try to get some CCI-SV or SK+ SV. Mine will get those down around 1/2-3/4" @ 50yds., but you need at least a 12X scope to see where you're hitting so you can adjust shots.
Good luck and enjoy
Ed :cool:

Silly
03-15-2022, 08:50 PM
@Minuteman, how did it go shipping everything back and forth? Reason I am asking is on another forum someone from FL had to get a firing pin for a Savage shipped to a FL FFL for him to get it. And the dealer charged him a handling fee. Some thought it was a Savage policy being in MA, and some thought it might be in combination with a MA attorney general ruling or a law? Nobody knew the full reason for how it had to be handled. Thanks.