PDA

View Full Version : Scratches on bolt head/extractor

Pages : 1 [2]

Tiekmir
02-20-2022, 08:12 PM
Lapping the lugs is what that tool is designed for. That is not where your having issues. Yours are on the side in the raceway.

Good to know. I am a gun newb when it comes to this stuff but am wanting to learn it all.

Tiekmir
02-20-2022, 08:13 PM
Nah.. Just lap with the media I’ll send.... like I said. You can lap everything at the same time. There are “How To” vids on YouTube showing precisely how. It’s what I’ve done and an exception lug surface mating. Only thing is after you are finished. You need to clean, clean, CLEAN! Acetone & go to town!

Awesome, thanks bro.

Tiekmir
03-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Nah.. Just lap with the media I’ll send.... like I said. You can lap everything at the same time. There are “How To” vids on YouTube showing precisely how. It’s what I’ve done and an exception lug surface mating. Only thing is after you are finished. You need to clean, clean, CLEAN! Acetone & go to town!

Got the package. Thanks again bro. I'll post how it goes here.

Robinhood
03-05-2022, 04:32 PM
Unless you know the lapping compound is non embedding I don't think I would get it anywhere near my bolt heads. Have you tried flushing the chamber area and bolt lug cavity out with a mild cleaner. Then using a black magic marker, cover all of the areas that were scratched. Operate the bolt and see if is still happening.

Is your front action screw too long.

mnbogboy2
03-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Is the picturewiththe line drawn around the bottom of thebolthead the area wherethescratchesarepreset?
When theboltisclosed thatareafacesdown towardsthefloor.thefrontaction screw can reachvthatsurfaceifthebotistoolong orinsoeasesifitisover tightened
The action srewcontactingthebotheadcanbe"felt" and will causesratches iketat

Robinhood
03-08-2022, 05:44 PM
Is the picturewiththe line drawn around the bottom of thebolthead the area wherethescratchesarepreset?
When theboltisclosed thatareafacesdown towardsthefloor.thefrontaction screw can reachvthatsurfaceifthebotistoolong orinsoeasesifitisover tightened
The action srewcontactingthebotheadcanbe"felt" and will causesratches iketat

Have you been drinking again Bogboy?!?!?!?!:p

Tiekmir
03-08-2022, 11:58 PM
Unless you know the lapping compound is non embedding I don't think I would get it anywhere near my bolt heads. Have you tried flushing the chamber area and bolt lug cavity out with a mild cleaner. Then using a black magic marker, cover all of the areas that were scratched. Operate the bolt and see if is still happening.

Is your front action screw too long.

Apparently the lapping compound is silicone carbide.

Tiekmir
03-08-2022, 11:58 PM
is the picturewiththe line drawn around the bottom of thebolthead the area wherethescratchesarepreset?
the action srewcontactingthebotheadcanbe"felt" and will causesratches iketat

lol wut?