PDA

View Full Version : Leatherwood HI-LUX Riflescopes

Balljoint
11-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Is anyone using the Leatherwood HI-LUX rifle scopes for target and or varmint shooting, write up looks good also leatherwood has a 3D mount for the scopes with 100 min. vertical adj. and some windage adj. that will fit 1 inch & 30mm tubs

Balljoint
11-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Looks like no one has an opinion for me

thunderchief
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I bought a set of the Leatherwood Tactical rings a LONG time ago. They are 30mm with 1inch inserts. Pretty nice quality but extremely heavy (all steel). They were great until I lost a ring cap screw, then all hell broke loose. After some measuring trying to find a suitable replacement, it was determined that they were a 4mm socket cap. Had a hard time finding them, so I called their customer service line, to inquire about replacements. I called to get a full set of replacements- on my dime of course. They said they could only send four. Ended up costing around 20 bucks. Not too happy but problem solved- or so I thought. Got the screws in and lo' and behold they don't fit. they are like a 6- by something thread. The rings subsequently end up in the scrap bin. Just recently I decide to dig them out after scoring some Burris scope screws 8-40 or 48 or something, can't remember off the top of my head. Retap the holes and it actually works! They are holding great. Lost a whole top ring now, but at least i don't have the screw problem anymore;) Overall the quality is pretty decent, wasn't too happy with the customer service though. My point is, from personal experience, buyer beware with the Leatherwood line. I know the issues are kind of trivial but it still leaves an impression.

I did see that 3d mount and it looks kind of cool.

Oh yeah, sorry for semi-hijacking your thread!

Balljoint
12-01-2010, 09:57 PM
No problems with that