PDA

View Full Version : MarkII FS VR

shootrj2003
02-04-2022, 02:16 PM
I am considering purchasing this rifle,I have heard these have great triggers then read where some only succeed t about 2.5 lbs which is not very much better than my Marlin model 60/70 Sporterifle comp. Rifle.I considered this Savage to be an improvement over the Marlin which I feel is good but at about as good as I can make it.So,really how good is the accutrigger,how low can it be realistically lowered pound wise and what improvements can be done to it through polishing and work ,or,mods and additions such as Apache triggers etc,I’ve done trigger work myself on many guns from flintlocks to bolt actions . Just never had n accutrigger or worked on one,.thanks

jkv45
02-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Dave will chime-in shortly with more detailed info, but I'm pretty sure you can take the Accutrigger down to very low weights with some minor work and maybe different springs.

No reason to hesitate buying a Mark II with the Accutrigger.

My Savages all have them, and I don't think they are even set to their lowest factory setting - but I don't mind heavy triggers as long as they break clean and consistent.

shootrj2003
02-04-2022, 02:32 PM
That sound like good news to me,I’ve always heard good things about them.however ,as in anything,there’s two sides to every story.

jkv45
02-04-2022, 03:03 PM
Another thread with some Accutrigger tuning info - https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?70076-Trigger-for-a-model-12

Fasteddie01
02-07-2022, 09:38 PM
Just wanted to say 'most' accutriggers are easily adjustable. The A22 is the exception and it's really a bit--, adjustment of the 'main' T-spring can bring the pull down a bit but soon the 'blade' doesn't allow the sear to reset - on mine it was about 3-3.5#. I replaced the T-spring with one from Gunshack (varmint spring for centerfires) and was able to get it down to about 2.5# ;-P (BTW- it's now for sale . . . )

Bama110Tac
05-06-2022, 10:32 AM
In for info…