PDA

View Full Version : Scope testing Fixtures

Dave Hoback
02-01-2022, 01:34 PM
I was looking at scope testing fixtures & decided I’m gonna make a nice one. You can buy them, there is this one by the Snipershide(-AWAY CAMP) guys. The Target USA Scope Testing Fixture.
https://i.ibb.co/7Qhr2PM/D1-E6751-B-0-D02-425-E-B104-290-D3-B8-BCED2.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
Saw $450 and my jaw dropped! What an absolute GROSS price gouging m here. I’m going to build one in & around my rifle Cerakote/rebuild project.

Easy, easy thing to build from my perspective. A 6” Picatinny rail, a base & a bit of height via a platform. A 6” Aluminum Picatinny rail can be picked up from Amazon for under $10. The base is easy. Use whatever! A piece of wood, maybe I’ll use Aluminum legs in a Cross pattern. Not sure. The riser for the rail to set I’ll use 6061 Aluminum Billet as I have a bunch of scrap pieces of it, from my Belt Grinder and Surface Grinder attachment builds. Just makes sense. But some square steel tubing would work well also. I like them. Good way to precision test your scope as it’s much more difficult to keep it perfectly still, while mounted on the rifle.

want2ride
02-05-2022, 11:38 AM
I have a plan to make a scope testing jig too. I have a short piece of Railroad track and plan to attach a pic rail to it. I figure the heavier the better. I plan to put it on a couple boards with a double nut system to adjust the angle to somewhat zero the height.

I have a old smooth wooden door to draw the grid on.

Dave Hoback
02-05-2022, 01:25 PM
Yes.. that will work perfect! I’d do the same if I had some Rail laying around.

Robinhood
02-06-2022, 03:38 AM
Why?

Dave Hoback
02-06-2022, 08:47 AM
Why make one? Better way to check tracking. Mostly, just a fun little building project with scrap I have. That’s all.

want2ride
02-06-2022, 03:58 PM
Why make one? Better way to check tracking. Mostly, just a fun little building project with scrap I have. That’s all. Same here. I have a lot of scopes that i just want to know how they track.

Robinhood
02-06-2022, 11:43 PM
I can accept that.

Dave Hoback
02-07-2022, 11:04 AM
That was part of my thinking as for them selling it. Who would buy THAT for $450??!? And only people like the leadership there would have the AUDACITY to sell it for that much! Sickening, the greed in the human heart. How far we have fallen from grace.